Sign in to follow this  

2 Stroke Jetting in VA Area Weather

I'm thinking of going 2t and, have asked this question in the main forums before but never got a clear answer, so I thought I'd ask guys closer to my area with similar weather.

If you live in an area like here in western VA, where I ride from morning til dark most times and it can start out at 65 in the morning and be in the 90s by afternoon of the same day what do you do? And not only that but then one day you can start out with relatively low humidity and get a quick shower and have high humidity.

So how often do you 2t guys with similar weather conditions find yourself breaking the Carb open and changing jets during the year?

I'm thinking of going 2t and, have asked this question in the main forums before but never got a clear answer, so I thought I'd ask guys closer to my area with similar weather.

If you live in an area like here in western VA, where I ride from morning til dark most times and it can start out at 65 in the morning and be in the 90s by afternoon of the same day what do you do? And not only that but then one day you can start out with relatively low humidity and get a quick shower and have high humidity.

So how often do you 2t guys with similar weather conditions find yourself breaking the Carb open and changing jets during the year?

Judging by your post you understand that its near impossible to keep it perfect all day. I'd get mine as close as possible in the cool morning and naturally it is running fat by the warmer afternoon. The only way to avoud changing jets every 3 hours or so is to buy a lectron or something similar. But let me ask you: are you so fast that you need your jets to be spot on at all times? I havent changed my jets since I picked up my bike 2 years ago. Ive moved the clip 1 notch and thats it. We ride in the spring and fall at Hatfield McCoy. Every year.

Judging by your post you understand that its near impossible to keep it perfect all day. I'd get mine as close as possible in the cool morning and naturally it is running fat by the warmer afternoon. The only way to avoud changing jets every 3 hours or so is to buy a lectron or something similar. But let me ask you: are you so fast that you need your jets to be spot on at all times? I havent changed my jets since I picked up my bike 2 years ago. Ive moved the clip 1 notch and thats it. We ride in the spring and fall at Hatfield McCoy. Every year.

I don't mean running pro level perfectly but running decent with not alot of bog and not fouling plugs. Do you ride in the summer with those settings?

I don't mean running pro level perfectly but running decent with not alot of bog and not fouling plugs. Do you ride in the summer with those settings?

Honestly dude I jet my bike at the lowest elevation and about 50 degrees. That way its only a little rich in the spring and fall. Summer time you could move the clip up a clip or two. I dont race so clearing the expansion chamber isnt a huge concern for me. Your conditions may vary.

Honestly dude I jet my bike at the lowest elevation and about 50 degrees. That way its only a little rich in the spring and fall. Summer time you could move the clip up a clip or two. I dont race so clearing the expansion chamber isnt a huge concern for me. Your conditions may vary.

This is exactly what I do in SC, with similar temps and humidity. I messed with the jets for a while, but found out that I had the best results with clip position. I run the same needle all year, and only two clips different from winter to summer. On the really hot days, I will open up the air screw a little more after lunch. This is on a 300XC