Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about picking up a 2001 Cr250.

It's as close to mint as a bike this year will get and I doubt I'd find another one like this without taking a lengthy trip. It's all factory/original except for pro circuit exhaust (It's never had a new top end, it has extremely low hours). The seller is asking $2,600, the only thing that was wrong with it was the fork seals began to leak from sitting too long and they were replaced recently. Good price? Has it sat too long/much?

00e0e_79sXe3sDxOY_600x450.jpg

00707_6BuROviAVsy_600x450.jpg

I was gonna say around $1800... maybe $2k if what they are saying is true which you really have no idea until you start tearing things apart.

$2600 is too high IMHO.

I picked up mine for $1200 but it did need some work.

$1500 would be a fare price but I wouldn't go over 2k

I second the high price. You have no idea of hours until you tear it apart. You can somewhat get an idea of how he rode by checking all the metal (frame, forks, swing arm) for scratches. You can't gage hours off that but get an idea of the bikes life. Those are hard to hide. Like anything you take a gamble buying it and if something breaks (like the engine seizes) your going to be disappointed. But on the flip side if you like the bike good enough to pay 2400 then that's what it is worth. Before you buy be smart make sure all bolts are there, wiggle wheels, and swing arms for any play. Check air filter, to ensure it's clean. Give it a good once over.

Chris

If it is clean........go pick it up but agree to bargain the price down a bit.

It's as close to mint as a bike this year will get and I doubt I'd find another one like this without taking a lengthy trip. It's all factory/original except for pro circuit exhaust (It's never had a new top end, it has extremely low hours). The seller is asking $2,600, the only thing that was wrong with it was the fork seals began to leak from sitting too long and they were replaced recently. Good price? Has it sat too long/much?

Is this in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania cuz I saw one just like this on Craigslist

I paid 1800 for my 01 last winter. He wanted 2000. It needed A lot of work. Fork rebuild, new rear hub assy, new swing arm bearings, rocker bearings, carb work, engine seems decent. But I'm sure it will need work sooner than later.