Sign in to follow this  

Need help won't start

Went riding my xr650l the other day and while I was riding it ran out of gas and started spuddering until I put it on res. everything was good til I got home and cut the bike off. That's when it backfired. Not loud or anything so I didn't think anything of it. Well I went to get on it and ride today and when I tried to kick start it, it had a lot if compression do pulled the plug and tried to release some of the pressure. Well that worked but now I don't have the compression I normally do and it still doesn't even try to start. The plug looked clean. I don't have anybody here to see if it's firing. Haven't done a compression test. Just what I'm feeling in my foot

how can you get excessive compression..are you using a compression guage?????????

I`d bank on the fact that you ran it low on fuel,put it on reserve and sent trash to the carb...

pull the plug,squirt some fuel in the plug hole,see if the bike tries to start,if it does,pull the carb and clean the bugger out of the pilot jet and all passages..

B

It's so hard that I can't kick it to the bottom with out tdc stopping me. Then it goes somewhat soft