Sign in to follow this  

Picking up 2014 250xc tomorrow!

Finally pulled the trigger on a 14 xc. Ktm offered up rebates too good to pass up this month.

Anything I should know about the bike or should do before riding?

Already plan on going through it greasing everything and making sure things are torqued properly.

Also plan on picking up a few spare filters and an e-line pipe guard.

What else does it need? Is it jetted decently stock? Best powervalve setting...so forth you get the picture.

I'll post pics when I get it.

• Like 1

I recommend a JD Jet kit for no hassle jetting.  My 300 was awful out of the crate, nasty low end bog that transitioned into a sudden screaming top end, JD fixed that.  Definitely grease everything up, the steering head was pretty much dry on my bike.  Also check the routing of all the cables to ensure everything is correct, I had a few out of place.  The one thing I really recommend adding on day 1 is an hour meter.

Hd tubes, protection, etc. Found the 14 a little finickier than the 11 to jet. Suspension is still a work in progress. Its the stablest 2t Ive ever riden. On the weekend had it grunting over uncharted terrain to wouund out in 6th on logging roads.

Thinking about doing the same, those prices are nuts.  I really wanted a 300XC, but they aren't on sale yet? wtf?

Forgot HD tubes! But have the hr meter and e-line pipe guard. Picked up the JD kit because like stated, it's finicky to ket... I'm noticing its definitely rich down low.

Thinking about doing the same, those prices are nuts. I really wanted a 300XC, but they aren't on sale yet? &%$#@!?

Nope 300xc is not on the list. Heck get a 250 and buy the 300 kit. Will cost less and you can either sell the 250 jug/piston to recoup costs or keep em.

Nope 300xc is not on the list. Heck get a 250 and buy the 300 kit. Will cost less and you can either sell the 250 jug/piston to recoup costs or keep em.

Yup, that is the current plan... we'll see.  :)

Nice bike!

What sorta money did ya pay for that thing? How good are the rebates right now?

7k OTD, probably could have done better but I was happy with that number. For all useful purposes it was just under 6500 before tax and doc/title. 

No way, the last time I was in my dealer in NH(tax free state) they were getting 7600 for the 250xc and 7800 for the 300 out the door.

I am going to call them tommorow, if I can get a new 250 for under 7k I am in

Here's a picture that I promised. She will never look this clean again. And got the Hour Meter mounted, just have a few more small things to do before it's first ride. My pipe guard should be here Monday, hopefully I won't need much more for awhile other then gas and oil!

10412043_524700874300416_3334714069601311802_n.jpg

20140604_193518_zpsxhnpfnqm.jpg

Yeah, Rebates hit on the first of this month. I was quoted 5900 OTD for a 250SX too, but obviously much rather had the XC.

Rode it for the first time today around my property to test the jetting. As delivered it was far too rich, the jetting JD recommended helped a bunch to liven up delivery. The bikes power feels a lot softer then I expected. I added preload to the medium pv spring but didn't hardly notice a difference. Gonna swap out for the agressive spring and see how it feels.

Looking forward to braking it in this weekend.

Rode it for the first time today around my property to test the jetting. As delivered it was far too rich, the jetting JD recommended helped a bunch to liven up delivery. The bikes power feels a lot softer then I expected. I added preload to the medium pv spring but didn't hardly notice a difference. Gonna swap out for the agressive spring and see how it feels.

Looking forward to braking it in this weekend.

The adjustable power valve springs are a really cool feature and each one makes a difference.  I recommend trying all 3 out, take them with you when you go riding.  Just lay the bike on the side and remove 2 bolts and instantly change the power delivery.

My 14 300xc felt sort of doggy until I got 2hrs of break in time on it. Power delivery is still mild though. Going to try the red spring this weekend.

Im coming off a yz250

Red spring turn dolly in one turn from flush.

Fwiw try a 40 pilot a Nedw and a 168 main.

If you want a blast get a procircuit plat. II. Pipe.

Running 38 pilot with JD red needle in 4th clip position with 170 main at 800 feet. JD settings were closer then stock but still rich down low and lean up top.

I tried all 3 springs today. The most aggressive spring made the bike actually feel down on power for some reason. Felt like even when shifting it screaming it would fall off the pipe. I actually really enjoy the softest spring with a decent amount of preload. Still able to tractor around but steer with the rear when you peg it.

Suspension is still taking its time breaking in, but feeling plusher as time adds up.

So far, super happy with the bike. It's my first new ktm but in the last 3 years I've had my hand in every other brand so I know what they're all about.

Well makes sense now...I had my springs confused and backwards...I guess there's a reason I preferred the soft red spring. I guess I was thinking soft spring, soft power...but got that sorted out. Anyway...really wanna try an sx cdi.