Sign in to follow this  

Bogging down when hitting bumps

Hey all, just got the bike not too long ago, seems to run very well however when im off road and hitting bumps it bogs out on me, sometimes for up to 2 seconds, usually it just bogs for a split second then keeps going but bigger bumps make it bog down longer. It must be a carb problem of some sort, like floats are stuck maybe? not sure. any ideas??

Has the side stand safety switch been disabled?

Edit:

kickstand switch, known issue, disconnect it

You win, this time  :p

Edited by Wisconsinite762

Use this if you want to be able to return switch to normal. I found even with not hitting bumps, that when you stand your foot hits kickstand and bike will bog.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-DRZ-400-E-S-SM-all-models-Side-Stand-Switch-Eliminator-Bypass-kit-/261058816713?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cc8516ac9

Edited by qwaster
  • Like 2

The PO on my bike just zip tied the switch making it totally reversible.

soooo... let me get this straight. its the kickstand switch?! lol its funny i actually thought it may be that once like a month ago but then didnt drive it again and when i did and the problem happened i had completely forgot about my thought process the first time! i had already planned on getting some sort of rubber band like the KTMs habve to hold up the kickstand. rather than disable the sensor. ive had a stand come down on me while riding and it &%$#@! me up. im sure you are all right. thanks for all the replies. ill go tie it up and hit some bumps to confirm but it makes sense. 

• Like 2