Sign in to follow this  

Help with handle bars please!

Hello, I have a 2011 DRZ S thant im converting to SM. I'd like to get fat bars and relocate my ignition. 

I can't find enough info to place an order.

Please tell me exactly the parts and bar i would need to do this. Im already super confused so keep it simple for this noob!! All i want is for it to look like the sm!!!!!

thank you:)

I'm not familiar with what bars are on the S

I'm going to assume you've checked, and have 7/8" bars and want to swap to 1 1/8" fat bars. If that's the case, then you need new risers for fat bars and a fat bar. What one, hell I dunno there's lots of selection for bars.

There are 2 options for you.  Risers that convert from 7/8 to 1 1/8.  Several companies make them in different heights.  This is the cheapest way since the upper triple clamp has the bar mounts as part of the casting.  I ran risers like this for awhile.  The ones i ran were Moose brand and you can find them at any MC supply site like the Thumpertalk store.

PA160099.jpg

The other option is to replace the upper triple clamp.  I did this because i wanted to get my bars farther forward for more knee room on the track.  I used a ZETA brand topclamp (SX is the one for fat bars) that I got from WheelingcycleSupply.  The bad thing is that the triple clamp is a little taller and the stock S/SM metal headlight brackets that go over the forks wont fit.  I bent the stock bracket a little and flipped the rubber dampers over and got it to work just fine, but it takes some muscle to get it right.  This gives you the bar mounts that are removable and gives you multiple forward/back positions.

11537226304_0bb85f5f05_b.jpg

As far as moving the ignition switch, you just have to drill holes on the stock bracket and either mount it off the bolts for the upper triple clamp or fabricate a new bracket.  There are dozens of threads about this in the DRZ400 forum here on Thumpertalk.  Just use the search.  There are so many ways to do it.  I ended up running a Koso speedo when i converted to SM so i made a new gauge mount that my Ign switch bolted to. 

11537269396_a43a56af2b_b.jpg

• Like 1

These are the moose style that i used on my bike.

tus_uni_clamp_kit.jpg

Other companies make the same thing, a few make something a little different.  Fasst makes what they call "Rox" that goes from 7/8 to 1 1/8 but a little different.

IMG_2485.JPG

Hey thanks guys! You really cleared up all my questions and beyond! I'm stoked to have folks like y'all to call upon when I literally know no one around me with a supermoto. Much appreciated!!!! Placing an order now...will post pics:)

• Like 1