Sign in to follow this  

Making a 2006 KTM 525xc street legal

A friend of mine has the 525xc and would like to turn it into an enduro. Is it possible and if so where would I find a kit or the parts.

Thanks

He lives in California and Arizona,

Mike, thank you for the information good stuff.

Edited by rrpruet

AZ is no problem; CA not so much, technically not legal.

Just converted my 450 EXC in Texas. Turn signals not required. Added ignition kit ( not required), horn kit, and a couple of cheap mirrors, and DOT tires. Got my inspection and new registration as street legal. Got the kits from SCISS and tires online also. Unfortunately the shop that did my inspection did not secure the plate for mounting inspection sticker and plate very well. Lost all on a short ride the next day! Now they are super secured with 1/4 bolts!

I meant SICASS (just got the reference ;-) ). Kits were really easy to install with correct plug-ins to mate with stock wiring. I think I got the Korean Enduro DOT tires from Dirt Bike site. I got spoons and followed an online video to switch out the tires. Saved $60 a tire doing it myself. I exp a lot of front end bouncing at any speed above 40 mph. Downsized my stador, but likely have to get the front tire balance for those short trips camping and riding between trailheads. For less than the price of labor I got some useful tools to use for the job and in the future.

'00 520. Nice Tn plate on it and a title :). Gotta love loving here :)

I've licensed a KX250 :) , CRF230, XR400(2), XR600, DR-Z400...

Edited by DR.billZ
  • Like 1

'00 520. Nice Tn plate on it and a title :). Gotta love loving here :)

I've licensed a KX250 :) , CRF230, XR400(2), XR600, DR-Z400...

I'm debating if I should buy a 02 520 but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a plate for it

One more thing to add... A front brake actuator for the brake light. Then I should be done.