Sign in to follow this  

Average 125 2 stroke cost in your area?

Let me know if there is already a thread like this, i couldn't find one. I'm wondering what the average price for 00-04 125 2 strokes is in your area, i've ridden 4 strokes all my life but i've just about had it with valves and cams and i am most likely switching to a smoker this summer, 00-04 CR YZ and RM 125's in my area run from about $2000-$2800, just curious what other people pay because bikes in my area tend to be unbelievably over priced and since i'm new to 2 strokes i dont want to make a stupid buy that i will regret. Thanks in advance 

PEI=Prince Edward Island?

Really nice Japanese 125's are 2K here. Modern but beat up runners, 1K.

Good deals out there too, my 2003 Honda CR125 was $1100 a few years ago and still had the original tires.

PEI=Prince Edward Island?

Really nice Japanese 125's are 2K here. Modern but beat up runners, 1K.

Good deals out there too, my 2003 Honda CR125 was $1100 a few years ago and still had the original tires.

Yeah i live on Prince Edward Island, the selection of used bikes is almost non existent, there is 1 yz 125 for sale on the island and thats the only 125 2 stroke, i'm going to have to drive around to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to find anything

On the island you would never find that good of a deal, 1100 will get you a beat up 04 ttr 125 that needs rings...Id be fine with paying 2K for a bike in decent shape but everything on the island is abused and sold for the same price or more than a mint bike,

Edit: Now there are no 125's for sale at all

Edited by BringHelp

Bought my 04 yz 125 for 600. Sold it for 1200. Usually you can get an 04-06 here for 12-1500

Here being my area - Mississippi

I'm in Edmonton Alberta. Bike prices are insane here. The 00-04 group of jap 2T's are usually 2500-3000 for a regular nothing fancy 125. I actually went to Williams lake BC to get my crf250r. $500 for a '06 that needed a rebuild hahaha. My friend picked up a running, riding, over all good 08 crf250r for 2500 there as well. Same bike is 4500 here.

It's frustrating. I've been looking for a 125 the gf but so overpriced.

Bought my 04 yz 125 for 600. Sold it for 1200. Usually you can get an 04-06 here for 12-1500

Here being my area - Mississippi

I would kill for those prices...

• Like 1

I would kill for those prices...

Haha move to Mississippi and you'll get them. Noone around here rides. If someone owns a dirt bike here they just run it up and down the highway. Makes me sick.

Haha move to Mississippi and you'll get them. Noone around here rides. If someone owns a dirt bike here they just run it up and down the highway. Makes me sick.

Sounds like the opposite of what happens here, it's mostly rednecks who start their bike up hold it wide open for 3 minutes then take off in 5th gear 

• Like 1

Sounds like the opposite of what happens here, it's mostly rednecks who start their bike up hold it wide open for 3 minutes then take off in 5th gear

we have those too. Everyone here is a redneck.

I bought my bike for $1,100

IMG_0603.jpg

waiting for someone to look at my garage to see how it came lol

This is what 2700 gets you in my area: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/charlottetown-pei/2003-honda-cr125-mint/591680969?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

For 1100 you'd be looking at something like this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=599571003ℑ=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true and that's a good 5 hour drive away from me, in my area you will never find any working 2 stroke 125 listed for under $2000 

This is what 2700 gets you in my area: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/charlottetown-pei/2003-honda-cr125-mint/591680969?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

For 1100 you'd be looking at something like this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=599571003ℑ=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=true and that's a good 5 hour drive away from me, in my area you will never find any working 2 stroke 125 listed for under $2000 

That sucks for you... my 125 wasn't near that clean and good looking though, I had to clean on mine for about an hour for it to look as good as the one you had pictured in the ad for the 99. I got a great deal for my area... The 125's go for around $1500-$2500 in great shape and the 250 2-strokes go for $2000-$3000

That sucks for you... my 125 wasn't near that clean and good looking though, I had to clean on mine for about an hour for it to look as good as the one you had pictured in the ad for the 99. I got a great deal for my area... The 125's go for around $1500-$2500 in great shape and the 250 2-strokes go for $2000-$3000

I'm fine with cleaning a bike and i always thoroughly clean any new bike i get but most 125's here are in sad shape and need a lot more than just cleaning...like a trip to the scrapyard

I'm fine with cleaning a bike and i always thoroughly clean any new bike i get but most 125's here are in sad shape and need a lot more than just cleaning...like a trip to the scrapyard

I understand, it took $700 for that bike to look like it does (New pipe isn't on it yet, but that's included in the $700.).