Sign in to follow this  

Carb part not in diagram?

I have run into a little trouble rebuilding a 2006 kx250f carb. I found this jet? clogged, was not included in the carb rebuild kit, and I am unable to find it in any diagrams online. Unfortunately I destroyed it taking it out. Any idea what it is or where I can get one quick?

Looking at the front of the carb it sticks out of the bottom right of the airway infront of the throttle blade. I believe it was pressed in since there are no threads on it.

carbfront2_zps645e6ea5.jpg

jet_zpsb2d8b0c2.jpg

Why did you pull it out?? It's where the a accelerator pump shoots a stream of fuel out into the head, don't take me word for this but you may have ruined you carb, I don't think that part is supposed to be replaceable

It definitely comes out and looked like a jet. I took it out on accident and stripped the head on its way out.

Anyone know of somewhere I can get this?

My point is I don't think you can just buy one, sure it came out, but is it supposed to? If it's not in the part diagrams, my guess is that the fix is to buy a new carb. Hopefully not though. How did you get it out anyways, needle nose pliers?

Here is a thread featuring a comment from William1 that might help.  The AP nozzle is not sold as a part, I guess, but you can buy a kit that has a nozzle as an "upgrade"  My suggestion other than buying the upgrade would be to put the other one back in, if the inside is structurally sound.  It is frustrating to have a seemingly (and actually) removable part with no replacement options from the manufacturer.  This should start you on a path to a resolution.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1002553-accelerator-nozzle-replacement/

As per Dragon, if its still ok then put it back, you however need to make sure that it faces the correct way to direct fuel into the motor or it wont work.

Why did you strip the internal part of the carb anyway, nothing much you can clean in there and you can damage the seals .   

As per Dragon, if its still ok then put it back, you however need to make sure that it faces the correct way to direct fuel into the motor or it wont work.

Why did you strip the internal part of the carb anyway, nothing much you can clean in there and you can damage the seals .   

I'll bet he was being thorough.  We've all been there . . . at least I have  :lol:  . . . Funny now, but the number of times my rational brain said "Pssst . . . stop here, dude! (that's what it calls me) and my "thorough" brain said "Naw, just take it all the way down to it's atomic components, you'll be happier!" is impossible to count.  Turns out my thorough brain costs me a lot more time and money than my rational one.  I think this may be the issue at hand.  The other issue, of course, is the thing IS a part and should be available from FCR.  Had I done this, I would be pissed . . . both at my thorough brain and Keihin.

• Like 1

I will admit i was being "thorough" and didn't like how dirty this thing was. Thanks Dragon67 for the info on the dual accelerator nozzle upgrade. I will be going that route.

I removed it because it looked just like a screw in jet. My mind is still blown that it is not available as a replacement part. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

I will admit i was being "thorough" and didn't like how dirty this thing was. Thanks Dragon67 for the info on the dual accelerator nozzle upgrade. I will be going that route.

I removed it because it looked just like a screw in jet. My mind is still blown that it is not available as a replacement part. Thanks for all the help.

Definitely stay in touch here.  Let us know the outcome and offer help to others when you can.  I am with you on the mind blown thing.  As I said, it would have pissed me off greatly.