Sign in to follow this  

1st bike back @34 from 18 and is an 09 450f.... Good choice?

Guys I grew up riding 2 stroke 80/125s until I was 18 when I got off bikes. Now I'm 34 and both my sons race Kx 65s and I just couldn't resist.... I stumbled on an 09 450f monster edition with the green hubs and spring and bit the bullet!! Man this thing has crazy power and not sure if I made the right choice.... Thoughts??ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401847669.962266.jpg

09 Kx 450f "Monster Edition" #708

Great choice. Fuel injected with great power. Obviously, bikes have evolved over the years, but that's a great bike.

Guys I grew up riding 2 stroke 80/125s until I was 18 when I got off bikes. Now I'm 34 and both my sons race Kx 65s and I just couldn't resist.... I stumbled on an 09 450f monster edition with the green hubs and spring and bit the bullet!! Man this thing has crazy power and not sure if I made the right choice.... Thoughts??attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401847669.962266.jpg

You will love the bike ... super mellow "hit" however it pulls and pulls

dont get me wrong its still a 450

When I got back into riding several  years ago I went with a 250f first to get used to riding ect.

so be careful 

depending on your ability you will love the 09' I think they are absolutley fantastic

I pretty much did the same thing!  Raced 80's back in the late 70's and early 80's then other sports took priority.  Fast forward to age 42 and I got my son a little TTR90.  After tooling around the property on that a few times, I started looking for a "man's" bike.  My cousin showed up with his 09 kx450 and I rode it all of 10 feet before making my mind up.  Such a huge difference over anything I'd ridden in years!  Is it way too much bike for me?  Damn right it is!  But being a man, nobody could have told me different!  I can tear across our property and even make it around some of the MX tracks by the house without wiping out.  Although I have yet to man up and clear a double.  There's a lot more at stake than just missing a few days of high school now.....  Enjoy it!  And if you decide it's not right for you, you should have no problem selling it!

Jogan,

You could not have said it better!!! When I got my boys the 65s I told myself I need to ride with them!! A month later I found the monster energy edition 09 on Craig's and took it to Kawi had it checked over and they gave me the good to go!! An hour later it was mine! Took it to the track the first time last weekend and wow it was a great day.. I have been sore all week!!!!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401925217.951678.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401925230.751497.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401925267.503078.jpg

ha!  Oh yeah...welcome to the world of arm pump!  I'm good for about 6 laps at our local MX tracks before I gotta pull into the pits for a break.  Not sure if it's all the power I'm trying to hang on to or the absolute fear and death-grip!lol

It's most likely the fear and death grip!!! I do the same thing!! I hold on so hard I believe the bike and I have become one!!!