Sign in to follow this  

Should I Trade?

Your extras are worth about twice what his entire bike is.

Yea, but to be honest it looks better in the pics than it does in person. The RMZ has been well used and it needs some work for sure. I have been offered $1500 for it but I wanted to hold out for more like $1700. Also I have to admit I have a soft spot for the old CR's like I watched McGrath ride. But thanks for the input I'm having second thoughts.

Edited by Alabama

Yea, but to be honest it looks better in the pics than it does in person. The RMZ has been well used and it needs some work for sure. I have been offered $1500 for it but I wanted to hold out for more like $1700. Also I have to admit I have a soft spot for the old CR's like I watched McGrath ride. But thanks for the input I'm having second thoughts.

If it were a 250 I think you'd be a lot closer. The 93 or so to 96 CR250s were great bikes. But I think that kid would need to pony up at least $700-800 on top of his 125 to make the deal work.

Edited by sandlvr69

If it were a 250 I think you'd be a lot closer. The 93 or so to 96 CR250s were great bikes. But I think that kid would need to pony up at least $700-800 on top of his 125 to make the deal work.

He offered his plus $800.

I bet you could find a much nicer newer 2t for a straight across trade if you held off.

I would not make that trade.

Here you could trade for a much newer than your bike 2 stroke. Even though it needs work

I bet you could find a much nicer newer 2t for a straight across trade if you held off.

I would not make that trade.

Yea I know, but soon after I bought the RMZ I picked up a CR250 (no work needed)  that I like better. Now I just want out of the RMZ and get a good running, riding "buddy bike" or a small bike for my daughter, and some cash.

Buying 2 bikes back to back like that left my savings a lot lower than I like.  Knowing this would you still hold off?  I'm really looking for an XR 200 or 250 or a CRF50 but no luck yet.

I was offered an 05 YZ250F today, in good running condition, even trade but I don't think I want another 4T MX'er.  I was just offered an 03 CR85 big wheel. Don't know anymore yet, I'll post later.

Well the CR85 trade is back on. We are going to meet at Moto Mountain in Georgia on Saturday, trade, or not then ride all day.  :ride:  He is offering an 03 CR85, woods mods, Big and small wheels, 6 MX51 tires front and rear, extra cylinder, piston kit, 3 chains, 3 sprocket sets, extra black plastics, FFW, air filter, and heavier rear spring. :thumbsup: Here is one of many pics he sent.

cr85.jpg

I now own an 03 CR85. I like it, and for now I'm gonna use it for a "buddy bike". As my oldest daughter's skills progress I'll let her ride and possibly race it. What are your opinions on adult "beginners" riding an 85cc as far as maintenance issues? Also how big can it safely be bored?stroked so it will pull adults/women better?

BTW Moto Mountain in Fairmount GA was great.  :ride:

Edited by Alabama

You won't need to mod it to pull adults, it will have a ton of balls as is. They may be small in displacement but they make a ton of power. 

If your a grown man, don't ride an 85. They're too small, they're designed for kids and your not going to be comfortable. Keep it around for your oldest daughter or your wife