Sign in to follow this  

Bar mounts

Took a tumble on the weekend on my crf250x and bent the right stock bar mount. Need to order a new set asap for this weekend. My handler bars are 7/8 and was wondering if these will fit or if they are 1 1/8 or if they fit both sizes.

I dont wanna buy the wrong ones and be disappointed.

Heres a link to what i wanna order if they fit 7/8. It doesnt really say what sizes it fits.

ProTaper Universal Rubber Mount Kit - Black 02-2822A by Pro Taper http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WJ2XGS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_BpRJtb0NXNEV6

Thanks for any info.

if you want the best bad assed bar mount ever look into the MX Bonz bar mounts. Absolutely the strongest bar mount on the market.

Those are gonna be 7/8 since they are a generic factory repacement for bike that they listed as stock with a 7/8 bar.

I got rid of the rubber bushings and ran solid aluminum inserts until I went aftermarket triples on my bikes, the inserts were MUCH stronger.

These things:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-Solid-Handlebar-Mounts-Bar-Cones-Billet-Aluminum-KXF-KDX-KLX-/121351801504?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c41218aa0&vxp=mtr

Those are gonna be 7/8 since they are a generic factory repacement for bike that they listed as stock with a 7/8 bar.

I got rid of the rubber bushings and ran solid aluminum inserts until I went aftermarket triples on my bikes, the inserts were MUCH stronger.

These things:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-Solid-Handlebar-Mounts-Bar-Cones-Billet-Aluminum-KXF-KDX-KLX-/121351801504?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c41218aa0&vxp=mtr

To the OP you will get more vibration in the bars with the solid mounts. Thought I should mention that. Also if you plan on sticking with the rubber mounts it's not a bad idea to buy a new set. It seems after a couple falls those rubber cones develop a "memory" of sorts that will allow the bars the easily twist up again.

Thanka for all the responses! Just ordered the pro taper mounts. I was wondering about those metal bushings and vibrarion thanks for the info. I think ill stick to the rubber ones for now, but might switch down the road aftee the next big crash. :)

Thanka for all the responses! Just ordered the pro taper mounts. I was wondering about those metal bushings and vibrarion thanks for the info. I think ill stick to the rubber ones for now, but might switch down the road aftee the next big crash. :)

Depending on the bike you may have more vibration. Mine feel the same with solid mounts as they did with rubber.
  • Like 1