Sign in to follow this  

1990 XR250 Cam question

I'm the process now of putting a 277mm wiseco piston and a WEB cam with hardened rockers and heavy duty valve springs on my 1990 XR250. I'm still waiting to get my cylinder back from Boring and also my cam. I plan on using the stock carb.

Stewart

Did you get your OEM cam and rockers Hardwelded by WEB?

Edit: I see they only hardweld OEM rockers/cam, PLEASE PM me or reply with your results when you get the build complete! And thanks a ton! <3 TT

Edited by Manlaw

Well I ordered off their website and supposedly they were supposed to have the cam and rockers in stock and you have 30 days to send

Them your cam and rockers for a core. I just got an email from them saying the cam was out of stock and it would have to be made 6 to 10 working days. I emailed them back and ask if they needed my cam so they could weld and regrind it but have not gotten a response yet. I'm out of town right now and will call them on Friday to see what's up. I'll let you know the progress as it progresses.

I heard from them today and they have the cam to regrind in stock but don't have any already ground rockers in stock. So I'm shipping my old cam and rockers to them. they'll regrind my rockers and I'll get a core charge back for my cam.