Sign in to follow this  

thoughts about buying used RMZ 450 2009

I have a RMZ 250 2009, but i have problems with my transmision..... 

My friend had a RMZ 250 20010 and it had tranny problems too...!!

I am thinking about going to 450... but i don't know if the rmz 450 has tranny problems too....

does anyone here know? 

I love my suzuki but problems like this make me very disappointed..

i have found a rmz 450 09 that i can trade with mine.... do u think i should do that or not?

thank you!!!

I have a RMZ 250 2009, but i have problems with my transmision.....

My friend had a RMZ 250 20010 and it had tranny problems too...!!

I am thinking about going to 450... but i don't know if the rmz 450 has tranny problems too....

does anyone here know?

I love my suzuki but problems like this make me very disappointed..

i have found a rmz 450 09 that i can trade with mine.... do u think i should do that or not?

thank you!!!

The 450 trannys are fine, from all years. Might want to ask yourself why he would trade a obviously better bike for yours. Might have hidden issues. Whatever you do just don't get an 07 rmz450. They are Frankenbikes. Something like 08 cam chain 06 valves 07 only crank etc etc. they are hard to get parts for compared to 05-06 and 08-now

05 and 06 are great bikes but they do have a 4 gear tranny. Not an issue if you don't plan on wide open anything.

you know why Bdubb, you know why brotha

I don't, that's why I asked. The 08 had the case issues. 09 is a good bike as far as I'm aware. 

I don't, that's why I asked. The 08 had the case issues. 09 is a good bike as far as I'm aware.

the 2009s had horrible connectors all throughout the harness and injection system. They wouldn't seal properly and dirt, water, rust would get in there and make bike run like Caca! Lol.. it can be fixed. Anything can be fixed. But we all know, that electronic issues are the worst

the 2009s had horrible connectors all throughout the harness and injection system. They wouldn't seal properly and dirt, water, rust would get in there and make bike run like Caca! Lol.. it can be fixed. Anything can be fixed. But we all know, that electronic issues are the worst

Fair enough... I wasn't aware. A little dielectric grease goes a long way though! Worth it on any bike. 

• Like 1

I have never had an issue with my transmission on the 450. Great bikes but I would get a 2010 or newer.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to pick up an 09 for the right price. Slowgs commented on the connections but that is nothing that cannot be taken care of with some dielectric grease and a dap of clear silicone here or there to seal the connections. 

• Like 1

I have an 08 with the 09 engine... Been an absolutely bulletproof bike, I would buy one again in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

All of the 08s got recalled, the 8.5 and 09 are the same bike and are a great bike. They are actually the same bike as a 2015 rmz aside from a few minor changes.

• Like 1