Sign in to follow this  

09 YZ450F general questions :l

Alright guys. So I've been off a bike for 2 years and haven't raced in about 3. Went straight from an 85 to 250fs. Rode/raced 250f's for about 6 years roughly, broke my back. Relaxed started getting into bodybuilding, now I'm back on a bike and so pumped to ride again. Scooped a 2009 YZ450F from a friend who bought it and it was way too much bike for him with about 10 hours total on the bike. Bike came lowered from the friend I bought it from. So as I do with all my bikes I took it to pro action that weekend to have the whole suspension revalved and to get the lowering shims out. Got the bike back suspension all done. And I just can't warm up to this bike at all. I've only raced kaw's, and suzukis . I only have about 5 rides on it since my suspension rebuild however suspension just feels like mush, bike bogs everywhere bad enough that I'd rather ride a 250f again even at 5'11 213lbs. I haven't been off work much I plan on messing with the suspension from where they're at now which is revalved and set to stock and setting my sag however I rode a friends 13' kx450f and instantly felt right at home. Now mind you he's about 6'p 260 and he's on stock springs,bikes bone stock. Now I know I'm a lot heavier since I was when I raced but should this suspension be this meh and mushy/saggy wen I'm siting, riding etc? As for the bog I'm gonna go through the carb this week and see what I can find. I was hoping to ride this bike and get back into it and try and be somewhat decently quick again however I'm starting to regret going Yamaha. Anyone have any insight?

Edited by tommelleo160

If pro action did it I would ask them why it's so mushy ? It's not what I would expect after a full rebuild

Got ahold of pro action today. Everything was re valved to stock settings, but like I said we didn't get to set my sag like we usually do but I can do it myself. But Idt I've ever rode a bike with stock valving and had a bike this meh basically. Lol