Sign in to follow this  

Will this Pit Bike snap if I jump it.

Hi,

I bought this pit bike and I am planning on hitting jumps no higher than 2 mitres, I weigh about 45 kilograms, what are the chances that it will snap in half??

Here are some pics.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876760.581297.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876795.294182.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876820.431005.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876853.548830.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876894.702761.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876925.140062.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401876957.742019.jpg

I have had this bike for about a year now and I have never really done jumps to big on it because I don't want it to snap and I have only been doing big jumps on a yamaha ttr110, do you think it would be able to handle jumps.

Cheers.

Edited by ________jake_____

No it should not but over 15 feet might crack frame but it takes allot of abusing to bust one. Jump away. Check foot peg mounts after big jumps . Have fun

over thinking here.    Ahhhh isn't it a Chinese bike, made with wonderfully soft steel of low quality?  I think so!! Maybe keep the jumps low for now, save the big jumps for your other bike.  I did snap the frame on a Honda 70XL jumping off a 15 foot plus clif.  Nothing happen to the steering of the bike when the frame broke.  Maybe I was lucky, maybe it was not a big deal breaking only one tube supporting the foot peg and engine.  Welded up real nice.

The steel framework of the SSR 125 is beefy, which makes up for its lack of steel strength, and it probably will not brake, something else will first.  ha ha  I hope you are still alive to read this, sorta warning.   If not, OH well.. 

Lol I did just what ur asking about a few times.. no bent frame or wheels but even if you land smoothly and not on flat or case a double bearings go in the head tube and the bushings go in the rear shock. That's with perfect landings and front suspension always bottoms out. Bad landing... Well haven't had one yet on the cara but similar frame to yours and I bet 1 bad landing would be the end of that frame. BTW bearings can be replaced at most local bearing shops... Rear shock bushings are impossible to find for some reason.

Hi spencersmith89 and slip57,

I will definitely be keeping my jumps down :( BTW you can stiffen up your front forks by putting stiffer oil in it eg 10w, 15w, 20w. As the bikes only come with 5-10w. And if you put in a bit more oil it gives you less sag and faster rebound.

Cheers Jake

post-401733-14018768541641.jpg

I see why you asked

I don't get the warm an fuzzies from the non triangulated frame

what in is lacking in structure it needs to make up in strength  and IDK if that was  addressed in China ?

but it looks cool

Edited by Zimman
  • Like 1

actually those are carriage bolts 

but I don't see how that relates to  this  thread ?

or just an off the wall  tip ?

Oh

I read the thread  like 2 times looking for anything to do with a chain  so I could see what your response was addressing ?

i still can't find it LOL   

ha ha, I too posted on the wrong topic some how..  I thought I was typing to the one I just read, but it was feed before it.  OH WELL...  TECH support.. FIX THIS.. ha ha

• Like 1

Just in case this gets read.   It takes a lot to break the frame on any bike, but it does happen.  I have broken many over the years, but the jumps I was doing were way too high for a mini bike, or even a big bike, ha ha   Add one gusset and some welding and all fixed.   Jump away until then...  ha