Sign in to follow this  

84 XL 600

my xl 600 run and starts well but every time it goes down a steep hill or falls over it wont start again unless I push start it. is this a carb adjustment?

Sounds like you need to adjust your floats. It will push start because the engine turns over faster from rolling it, which allows it to use all the extra fuel that probably flooded it. Find the carb specs and check the floats

my xl 600 run and starts well but every time it goes down a steep hill or falls over it wont start again unless I push start it. is this a carb adjustment?

I had one that I rode for 3 years straight a bunch of years ago...try this next time it loads up like that and won't start: pull the compression release all the way in and kick the motor through 5 or 6 full, fast strokes...then get the kick to just after the high comp bump, let the lever go, and kick it, will start up every time...just need to clear the bugger out...

Like the above step I like to turn the petcock off and kick it through with the compression release and full throttle, that will usually clear all the flooded fuel out pretty quick