Sign in to follow this  

How good is the stock E exhaust?

I want to replace my too loud Pro Circuit exhaust and I've found a stock E setup (not headpipe).

Where does the stock E exhaust stand in the loudness/ power "rankings"  between open like my PCircuit and quiet like an FMF Q pipe?
Good choice? More or less restrictive than a Q or similar? Noise level? 

He just has the can and midpipe, I "think" I have a Pro Circuit header but not sure. Would stock can work with aftermarket headers? I can have a muffler shop mate/reflare the ends. 

Wouldn't mind the stock look and would love to not have to repack.

What say you???????

PS- How do I tell it's an E can/pipe and not an S? 

Edited by MindBlower

Post a pic of your header so we'll know for sure. The header is what gives the most gains with the DRZ. If you're running the stock SM header with the pro circuit slip-on you're really just getting noise anyways. I find the Yoshi full RS3/RS2 exhausts with quiet inserts to be a good compromise of performance and exhaust noise for those of us that are concerned with exhaust volumes. You can pick one up brand new for around $400ish. As an added bonus you can easily remove the insert for those days you want to live on the "loud side"  :ride:

If the diameter of the head pipe you currently have is 41mm you should be able to bolt right up.  You may have to get the proper gasket that goes between the head pipe and the exhaust.

Diameter E head pipe = 41mm

Diameter S/SM head pipe = 38mm

Post a pic of your header so we'll know for sure. The header is what gives the most gains with the DRZ. If you're running the stock SM header with the pro circuit slip-on you're really just getting noise anyways. I find the Yoshi full RS3/RS2 exhausts with quiet inserts to be a good compromise of performance and exhaust noise for those of us that are concerned with exhaust volumes. You can pick one up brand new for around $400ish. As an added bonus you can easily remove the insert for those days you want to live on the "loud side"  :ride:

It's an E! So it's either a stock E headpipe or Pro Circuit. Can get the stock E exhaust for $85. I like that price better. :)

Edited by MindBlower

Where did you see MRD mentioned?

Does mrd have to mentioned to be brought up? No. I was just curious for future reference vs E header.

• Like 1

Does mrd have to mentioned to be brought up? No. I was just curious for future reference vs E header.

LOL, my bad.  

That IS relevant.   :)

Thought you were just bringing it up cuz it's mrd.....  :devil:

Edited by MindBlower

The Yoshi's were my first choice. Do you know the header diameter? If I can just buy a slip on and keep my header I might do that. Pro Circuit sells a quiet core with a new end cap for $99. Tempted to try it with repacking.  Or can buy this stock E pipe for $85. I really like the idea of oem if it's performance tilted (for oem) as some E parts seem to be.  Or a slip on for $250-300.  All doable, just want to think it through.  Still haven't heard anything about stock E canisters, sound and power.  Between choked off S/SM's and open piped like my PC?   but halfway between or what???

Oh, mine is 41mm.  And I see Pro CIrcuits head pipe for DRZ's is listed as an E "replacement" pipe, which i would take as meaning same diameter. ???

Edited by MindBlower

What size is the mrd header?

THink i remember reading that its 44 or 45,  not sure tho,  heres a pic comparing the MRD to the stock S header.

drz55.jpg

• Like 1

What size is the mrd header?

As you can kind of tell in rons photo the MRD header is not one single diameter, it has a multi-step taper.

Edited by Wisconsinite762
  • Like 1

So what about E pipe and a fmf powercore 4 slip on? Would it make as much power as mrd ssw?

It won't have the same top end as an MRD Pro-Z, but still a strong mid range and good torque figures....

I run that set up on my Cylinder Works big bore E...I am very happy with it's output...

DSC02577.jpg

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

No , it won't

We'll would it be a good idea to run it? I guess anythings better than stock.

• Like 1