Sign in to follow this  

setting sag

does anyone know what the sag should be set at [in inches] on 2013 300rr? thanks

Suggest you take a few minutes and view the tons of posts on this subject for this bike here.

I believe a common number is 105mm.

But was is more subjective is how you sit or stand, how the bike is positioned during the number taking. How much gear you have on, bike fully fueled etc..

It's a personal choice. A good rule of thumb and you will see most are very close, is to set it at 30% of the total rear travel in riding attire.

• Like 1

Beta's like 105mm. That would be a great place to start. I've also found that these bikes like a stiffer spring than you would think. By riding higher in the stroke, the initial travel is more plush. 

I set it at 105mm my spring is almost bottomed out. don't know if I should get stiffer spring or not. thanks for all the help.

'13 2strokes came with a ridiculous 4.8kg/mm spring, even my Racing model.  Unless your a midget don't waste your time and spring correctly.  Forks should be .42kg/mm., and balance with a 5.2kg/mm rear.  That would be OK for up to about 185 in street clothes.

'13 2strokes came with a ridiculous 4.8kg/mm spring, even my Racing model.  Unless your a midget don't waste your time and spring correctly.  Forks should be .42kg/mm., and balance with a 5.2kg/mm rear.  That would be OK for up to about 185 in street clothes.

lol, I haven't seen 185 since 7th grade!  :cry:

• Like 2

where is the best place to get these springs

"Best" is subjective, dealer is easy choice and AB site is painless other than price.

Its a Sachs shock, new alloy body but uses the same spring as the older steel body shock used on many GGs and Huskys before that.  5.2s should be easy to find used as they were stock on GGs, and I beleive 5.4s on older (pre KYB) Huskys.  New ones are made by Cannon Racecraft and motoxgiant here can help you out as he stocks them, as does LTR in WA state.

I looked at get dirty site and didn't see no specs, but ill call and see, ive done quit of bit of business with them and always ben treated good. thanks again

Les @ LTR Suspension keeps all spring rates in stock for Sachs a& Marzoochi, he ships daily

• Like 1