Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal KX450, what is it worth?

I have a 2007 KX 450 that I am looking to get rid of. I can find info on KXs but my bike is street legal and has to usual offroad accesories. Any ideas on what it is worth? I will try to get some pics going but dont have any right now. Bike is a 07, low hours, KDX head light, kickstand, protaper bars, works connection skidplate, cycra pro bend hand guards, jumbo IMS tank......... Thanks

I would think a DIRT BIKE with a Title is worth more. Look for people who like Dual Sports. I just got the Title and Plate for my KLX450 in NY

Edited by GreenHornet450

Realistically it depends on a lot of factors.  Like, quality of parts used to make it street legal.  However, the Baja Designs stuff and the Tusk stuff are made in the same place, kinda cheap but BD just charges more.  Highway Dirtbikes, high quality.  Don't bother selling it to someone that is just going to make it back into a dirtbike.  I would expect to get at least $500 more than if it were not street legal so it comes down to condition of the rest of the bike.  Is it a $2000 bike or a $3500 bike without being street legal.  The KDX headlight would not make me very excited unless it had an upgraded bulb, LED or HID.  Brand of kick stand for me is big too.  Pictures would help.

You should super moto it and ride it to work:)

Yea the KDX headlight is.... well a KDX headlight, the kickstand is a factory kawasaki kickstand. I will get some pictures posted up soon.

I put the tail tech x2 headlight on mine. I wired it into the same harness as the rear LED and now it works great. Having it wired off the battery, even with the rewound stator killed the battery constantly.

1401970475824.jpg

1401970556088.jpg