Sign in to follow this  

California Anyone wanna ride Snowy this Saturday?

Good morning all, 

Im new to ThumperTalk.  Im on a KTM 450 MXC. Any interested in riding a Snowy, Miller Jeep, Piru loop (LPNF) this Saturday? It will be hot.

Good morning all, 

Im new to ThumperTalk.  Im on a KTM 450 MXC. Any interested in riding a Snowy, Miller Jeep, Piru loop (LPNF) this Saturday? It will be hot.

Good luck finding it open. Has not been open for years. 

Good luck finding it open. Has not been open for years.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/lpnf/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5307967

Forest service shows snowy open. I just did piru to miller from the gorman side memorial day weekend. Piru is pretty beat up right now. Theres a rockslide across the trail. Not sure if its been there a for a while but it was bad enough that I ended up having to walk my bike through. Miller jeep is what I expected though. Pretty decent until 3/4 of the way up, then there's a few spots that tested me lol. I took some video of it ill try to get it up saturday am. Let us know how snowy is if you end up riding it.

The gate was open last sunday down at the campground, the top gate was closed. :facepalm:

The trail was in good condition  except a few downed trees but all had go arounds.

I rode Snowy last Saturday and as Topi stated the trail was rideable except for the go-arounds for the dropped trees. Didn't get to finish the loop because we started too late. But need to finish what I started. We could start early to beat some of the heat. We could always do two loops if anyones up to that. Maybe the 2nd loop in reverse. Either way I'm easy. And don't let the photo discourage you, I only crash on Sundays. Let's ride!!!!

If I did not have too much committed on my plate this weekend, I would join you.  I have not ridden Snowy since I was a wee lad and that was around the early 1900s.  Have fun.

NPV  If it's what I'm thinking, That Piru Rockslide has been there forever.  5:45 of the vid?

• Like 1

NPV If it's what I'm thinking, That Piru Rockslide has been there forever. 5:45 of the vid?

Yeah thats it. I havent ridden that trail in years so it was new to me.

Edit: I watched the whole section and theres some new rocks that fell on trail since your vid. The trail isnt a defined now as it was then.

Edited by npverhey1