wr250F throttle stop mod question

I just bought a new WR250F this past weekend and want to do the throttle stop mod as I read here at TT. Right now its the only mod I want to do and by doing only this mod is there anything this may effect or am I ok just doing it by itself? thanks

I just bought a new WR250F this past weekend and want to do the throttle stop mod as I read here at TT. Right now its the only mod I want to do and by doing only this mod is there anything this may effect or am I ok just doing it by itself? thanks

You can do just the throttle stop mod if you wanted but I would suggest buying a JD jet kit for it. The kit comes with the new throttle stop and directions to instal.  along with the jetting you'll want to use, It also comes with instructions on other "free mods" for the bike. 

After doing all the free mods, throttle stop and jetting the bikes is completely different. Runs & pulls much better. 

Just my 2 cents

Thx for the reply. I was wondering if I needed to rejet or not. I don't want to change the timing curve to the yz so the gray wire will stay put right now

Edited by coldwaterboys

Do the works.

Rejet, Throttle stop, pull the snorkel and open the exhaust (pull stinger or change can) and yank the AIS. O-ring mod only if you bog off throttle. You can always test ride the timing mod by not cutting the grey wire and just taping it off. If you don't like it then it's 30 seconds to switch back.

None of the above are difficult.

• Like 1

I just purchased an 08 WR250F the previous owner had done "all" the mods on. It still felt incredibly corked up to me, so I started checking his work. He had in fact done most of them using the GYTR kit, but had not knocked the fuel screw anti tamper ring out of the float bowl. In doing my research on TT I found many people talking about the "throttle stop mod", but really nothing in the way of instruction or pictures. Again, I wanted to be sure he had done the work because the bike was not snorting the way I wanted. The best reference I found was a picture on the JD Jetting site showing the YZ and WR throttle stop screws side by side. I did then find a WR throttle stop screw in the bag of spares he sent from installing the GYTR kit. Proof enough for me. 

I went on to order the JD Jet Kit. I installed it this week and I can tell you this, IT DOES NOT COME WITH A YZ THROTTLE STOP SCREW.  It also does not come with instructions to cut yours, it just says to be sure it is done. 

Before installing the JD kit I put on an FMF Factory 4.1 slip on with the sparky / 94 DB tube thingy installed in it. The muffler made a huge improvement to the power, but it was then jetted way wrong using jets supplied in the GYTR kit. Hence the JD kit. The JD kit really made a big difference. I'm still making final adjustments to it, but it's just about there. 

Here's the picture from the JD site. I hope it helps.

71560343.MKoIF8GH.IM002502.JPG

• Like 1

Is there any way to just buy the throttle stop screw?

and does anyone know where i can find instructions to replace it on my 2012 wr250f?

thanks.

if you buy a YZ250F screw from your Yam main dealer it will be the shorter one

The screw has been removed from my 07. I've been running it for some time with it missing. What danger an I in?

The throttle can stick open at Wide Open with no screw fitted