Sign in to follow this  

Damaged frame, any fix?

I damaged my frame and im wondering if there is any fix for this, I just don't like the way it look

image.jpg

I would be more worried about if the frame got tweaked/bent than how it looks. Sorry I can't be more helpful hah

I damaged my frame and im wondering if there is any fix for this, I just don't like the way it look

Hope you didn't get hurt!  In my not knowing jack about structural integrity opinion, that won't hurt structural integrity at all.  So, if you want it to look good, scour the inside of that dent with Scotch Brite and brake cleaner so it is clean and scratched, then get some aluminized body filler at the auto store and pack it in there.  Sand the whole thing down with progressive course to very fine paper and you'll barely notice the dent.  Keep the bike dirty, as it should be, and you'll never notice it.  The filler is expensive, and work time is very limited, but that stuff does a great job on aluminum.  Maybe better suggestions to come, but you'll get satisfactory results from what I said.  Post a pic after you are done if you go that route.

Is bending it back okay? This sounds as iffy to me as anyone else, but.

Drill a hole behind it where you the peak of the dent is, Then put a punch in that hole and hit it till it bends back?

• Like 1

Aluminum unlike steel doesn't have that Formed memory and if you bend it back out mostly likely will crack in that spot later also be concerned it isn't now bent. you got lucky it didn't crack but it may have on the inner wall of that spar.