Front brake rotor suggestions for drz400s

My front stock brake rotor is pretty much toast on my 2001 drz400S. Any aftermarket rotors worth looking at that don't cost too much and work well? I'd be interested in used rotors also if they have some life left in them. For  barter, I have a complete set if plastic that I would trade or piece out for cash or other trade. Located in Northern AZ  thanks  elrancho66

My front stock brake rotor is pretty much toast on my 2001 drz400S. Any aftermarket rotors worth looking at that don't cost too much and work well? I'd be interested in used rotors also if they have some life left in them. For  barter, I have a complete set if plastic that I would trade or piece out for cash or other trade. Located in Northern AZ  thanks  elrancho66

Rotor Upgrade time..... ?

EBC Supermoto Contour Brake Rotor Kit

3373918.jpg

• Like 1

I'm using the 270mm EBC rotor kit on the 21 front.  Works pretty good, no caliper bracket fitment issues, rotor has a little rust after time, one or two finger brake for trails.  Hooligan Mod was the main reason, I can machine SV650 or GSXR rotors (290mm) rotor diameter to 270mm (278 - 280mm actual, depends on caliper pins).  No brake rotor issues when swapping sumo to dirt tires.

Chooken's right to be cautious, PRC parts are hit or miss.

• Like 1

From my experience OEM's are the best.....pay now or pay later.

• Like 1

im in north az to. I have my stock one with 400 miles on it. I went with the 320mm kit above.

• Like 1

Qwaster, is the rotor an oem item? I'm not trying to go cheap on a new rotor, but I also don't feel the need to spend$120 and up on a replacement rotor. My riding is primarily on FS dirt/ gravel roads in Northern AZ with some pavement commuting thrown in the mix.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I am picking up my drz400sm when I get back off holiday in 5 days. Waaay to exited.

Basically I have agreed a price ect but I cooked the front brake on the test ride. It's just a sticky caliper I think.

It's ebc pads and disk and I'm worried the disk has been cooked ? Is that possible ? If so its the same as what craigo posted.

Were can I find a ebc disk ?

Thanks.

Edited by Fowler

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I am picking up my drz400sm when I get back off holiday in 5 days. Waaay to exited.

Basically I have agreed a price ect but I cooked the front brake on the test ride. It's just a sticky caliper I think.

It's ebc pads and disk and I'm worried the disk has been cooked ? Is that possible ? If so its the same as what craigo posted.

Were can I find a ebc disk ?

Thanks.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/EBC-Supermoto-Contour-Brake-Rotor-Kit-p4052592.html

Here are the rotors that came with my wheels. The front has 2.97mm and rear has 4.48mm left.

You can have them both if you pay for shipping. PM me if you want them.

Thanks craigo! And I will pm you qwaster.

Cheers.