Sign in to follow this  

Sweet mod!

I like it, they are smaller so less chance of getting bent and they mite have less rotation mass. Here are more pictures.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915568.366340.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915586.428882.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915600.726830.jpg

I know it's unneccessary if you're riding a dirtbike under normal conditions.

too much added weight huh?

I like it, they are smaller so less chance of getting bent and they mite have less rotation mass. Here are more pictures.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915568.366340.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915586.428882.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401915600.726830.jpg

Even if the rotating mass was reduced the un-sprung weight on the front end has surely increased by adding another caliper and disk.

• Like 3

That is really cool, but completely unnessecary.

That's what everybody said about disc brakes on dirt bikes when Yamaha first came out with them.

Would you go back to drum brakes now?

• Like 3

That's what everybody said about disc brakes on dirt bikes when Yamaha first came out with them.

Would you go back to drum brakes now?

True, but my front brake has enough power to throw me over the bars, so why need more?

• Like 1

True, but my front brake has enough power to throw me over the bars, so why need more?

A 125 makes more power than most people can use to it's full potential, so why need more?

• Like 6

A 125 makes more power than most people can use to it's full potential, so why need more?

Let's leave those worms in the can haha

• Like 3

you cant move technology forward if you dont try things like this

Honda came out with a dual disc, with single piston calipers in 1975...........So much for your moving forward theory :p

• Like 1

Agreed. :thumbsup:

You gotta admit that dual-disc set-up looks cool though...

Sure. You got me. It looks okay. I'm gonna bolt up a disc on the right side of my hub now. Maybe one on my number plate as well :p

• Like 1