Sign in to follow this  

Footpeg pins bending

I have a 2013 RMZ 450 I bought new around July last year.

Sometime over the winter my peg pins bent I felt peg sag took apart was bent just figured it had time on it and happened.

Well since then I have gone thru I think 3 or 4 sets of footpeg pins all supposedly OEM ones from Rocky Mountain although not in a Suzuki bag so I wonder.

The last ones have only been on my bike for 3 rides and there slightly starting to bend.

I have never ever had this problem even on older bikes with old pins when I weighed way more then I do now.

The footpeg mounts are not bent, the holes look perfect round still, etc.

The footpegs are straight as well and the holes appear to be totally round still too.

Has anyone else ever had this issue ?

I have some people that can make me solid ones or titanium ones but my bigger concern is why is this happening anyway, only thing I can think is Rocky Mountain is somehow selling me some offbrand things there having made or IM blind and missing something.

No one else I know with a RMZ has ever had an issue neither have I with the previous 3 RMZ's I have owned.

Any help would be awesome.

thanks

That's an unusual one. Are you a big fatty? I'm kind of a big fatty and I love to jump. Once I ripped the peg bracket off my steel frame yz250. 

• Like 1

I was really big now not that big like 250 lbs. and I ride A class / still race some pro stuff so I am going decent and jump everything.

I would take that into consideration but minus breaking the frame mounts on a RM250 I have never had a issue with any other bike I have owned till now and that RM steel frame that broke the whole  mount off.

We're about the same size. With the handful of Suzuki's that I've owned, each one has had some cheap stuff to it. I think it's just a cheap and soft pin that works fine for 99% of the riders out there. I'd find a clevis pin, or machine a bolt with a high shear strength (shear is roughly 60% of tensile, try grade 12.9).