Sign in to follow this  

Wr250f good step up?

I am currently on an 03 rm100, I'm just wondering if a wr would be too big of a step up? I am physically big enough ( 5'7 140 pounds) but I am just wondering if it's a lot more powerful compared to my bike now. Is it any different power compared to the yz250f? My bike is kind of slow and small for me now, and I also want something I can street legalize for when I turn 16 next summer. Also do these bikes last long and are they reliable? Because I'm looking towards a crf or ttr 230 as well.

Thanks for your input!

Here's the one I was looking at:

2003 Yamaha WR 250 on Kijiji http://edmundston.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-2003-Yamaha-WR-250-W0QQAdIdZ593115430

If you are on a 100cc two stroke and its not enough for you then a WR 250 four stroke will be a nice transition.

You will get frustrated on a TTR and grow out of it sooner than the WR.

I would stick with Yamaha if your buying an older four stroke and want reliability (as long as its been looked after), would personally not even look at a Honda CRF.

Yamaha are the 'Toyotas' of the dirt bike industry in terms of reliability :thumbsup:

Have a 2006 wr250f. Great bike. The power is there but fully stock is very tame. If you buy one fully stock ride it for a bit then open it up and feel the power.once you do the free mods it is very comparable to a yz but the tranny is geared with 4 and 5 gears that seem to go forever. A little heavier also. Great bike for reliability. I love mine. I don't think you will be disappointed. My friend has a ttr 230 and he hates it. Always taking it to the shop.