Sign in to follow this  

Different steel plates in clutch

Hey, just dunno if I'm bein a newb here or if it is something weird just pulled the clutch plates put of my 200 and 2 of them are heavier and have don't have any sharp edge, where ad the other 4 are lighter and have a sharp edge on the outside and seem to be thinner around than the other 2, are they supposed to be like this?

Hey, just dunno if I'm bein a newb here or if it is something weird just pulled the clutch plates put of my 200 and 2 of them are heavier and have don't have any sharp edge, where ad the other 4 are lighter and have a sharp edge on the outside and seem to be thinner around than the other 2, are they supposed to be like this?

Not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not but you can easily find out by getting a parts break down for your clutch and see if there are two different part numbers for the metal plates. If there is then that must have been how it came from the factory. Edited by carters2

Probably 2 steel and the others aluminum,the edge amounts to wear on the plate. My CR250 is this way stock. I ran steel plates for a while, but they warped and I didn't like how they felt when they engaged, so now I am back to stock aluminum plates with the 2 steel ones in the middle.

On a side note I wore out a st of Al plates so that the clutch slipped with all the adjustment gone, and the friction disks were still within wear limits. I replaced them all, but kept the frictions for spares.

Probably 2 steel and the others aluminum,the edge amounts to wear on the plate. My CR250 is this way stock. I ran steel plates for a while, but they warped and I didn't like how they felt when they engaged, so now I am back to stock aluminum plates with the 2 steel ones in the middle.

On a side note I wore out a st of Al plates so that the clutch slipped with all the adjustment gone, and the friction disks were still within wear limits. I replaced them all, but kept the frictions for spares.

ok swee thanks man, that must've been what happened than cause I was getting a lot of clutch slip