Sign in to follow this  

kick start problem

hey guys i have a cr85r and when i kick my kick start it kind of makes a grinding sound in my engine didnt  use to do this. i just want to know what might be wrong and the engine while its running sound a little weird also :(    

my bike didn't use to do this but it makes a grinding sound when i push my kick start and it happens whether its in gear or not. i think it might be something with the transmission but i want to know your guys opinions. :thumbsup:       

my bike didn't use to do this but it makes a grinding sound when i push my kick start and it happens whether its in gear or not. i think it might be something with the transmission but i want to know your guys opinions. :thumbsup:

NOOO!

Do NOT push the kickstart down while running. That is a pointless and dumb idea. Its gonna grind if its held down while running. They all do that.

Once its started, get your foot outta there.

• Like 2

Like it has said before, your kick starter is not in the fully upright position when it's running. If you kick it and leave the kick start alone, your problem is solved.

Unless your shift has misplaced itself and you are sitting at top dead while running.

Thst is a common problem.

No no I don't know if he has it on or not but it kinda sounds like that's what hes describing.

No no I don't know if he has it on or not but it kinda sounds like that's what hes describing.

Unless your shift has misplaced itself and you are sitting at top dead while running.

Thst is a common problem.

Like it has said before, your kick starter is not in the fully upright position when it's running. If you kick it and leave the kick start alone, your problem is solved.

NOOO!

Do NOT push the kickstart down while running. That is a pointless and dumb idea. Its gonna grind if its held down while running. They all do that.

Once its started, get your foot outta there.

Wait are you pushing down the kick start while it's running 

guys i know you dont kick start when its aredy on i ment when my bike is OFF

Edited by HONDALOVER17

guys i know you dont kick start when its aredy on i ment when my bike is OFF

So when your bike is off, it makes a grinding sound when you kick it over?

Dillon

Haha sorry about that just have to make sure there is a lot of stupid people out there.

Ok I have ask this question quite a bit and no one has really say any thing helpful

When my bike is not on and is in neutral gear when I go to kick it on I can hear a grinding sound I want to know your guys opinions In nice details why this is happening to my bike