Sign in to follow this  

Introduction and need help with 90 Husa 501

Hey all! I'd like to start out by introducing myself...name is Eric, Im 29 from Lansing, Michigan. Fairly new to the dirt bike world. I've rode around on my friends dirt bikes for the last 3 years and recently picked up a couple of dirt bikes for myself. Really looking forward to reading up on everything going on so I can expand my knowledge on these "thumpers" we all regard so highly of! Alright, enough of the mushy stuff...so like I said I had picked up two dirt bikes for myself. The guy I bought them from didnt want to sell just one and I got a pretty solid deal on them so I figured why not. I now have myself a 1989 Honda XR600R and a 1990 Husaberg 501. Both run good and basically needed some fresh gas and to be rode. Only issue I really have with the Husaberg is when I get on it, just as its reaching the higher RPM range, the engine seems to struggle and kinda falls on its rear. I had cleaned out the carb after bringing it home and it does the the same thing. Not sure if its a tuning issue with the carb or whats going on with it...but any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all! I'd like to start out by introducing myself...name is Eric, Im 29 from Lansing, Michigan. Fairly new to the dirt bike world. I've rode around on my friends dirt bikes for the last 3 years and recently picked up a couple of dirt bikes for myself. Really looking forward to reading up on everything going on so I can expand my knowledge on these "thumpers" we all regard so highly of! Alright, enough of the mushy stuff...so like I said I had picked up two dirt bikes for myself. The guy I bought them from didnt want to sell just one and I got a pretty solid deal on them so I figured why not. I now have myself a 1989 Honda XR600R and a 1990 Husaberg 501. Both run good and basically needed some fresh gas and to be rode. Only issue I really have with the Husaberg is when I get on it, just as its reaching the higher RPM range, the engine seems to struggle and kinda falls on its rear. I had cleaned out the carb after bringing it home and it does the the same thing. Not sure if its a tuning issue with the carb or whats going on with it...but any input would be greatly appreciated!

Look and see if the valves are adjusted correctly.

• Like 1