Sign in to follow this  

Gnarly parts company

Well I decided to support a Canadian shop and we'll that was a huge mistake. I ordered a new clutch cover on the 26th of may and haven't got anything yet(not even a confirmation). Took my money on 27th first thing. I've called countless times and have never got an answer, left messages and once again no answers at all. Posted a review on Facebook and they responded, said they are looking into it. Well guess what, no call or email. 1-10 days to get your parts.....hmm I think not. Should have stuck with Rocky Mountain. So now I have no part and no idea if or when it will come, great! Not sure if any of you have used them before but I will never use them again and I would say to any of you thinking of it, save your time and order from elsewhere. Terrible site, customer service and all around disappointed. I'm posting this to save anyone else the haste that I'm going through.

My experience was good with them. Quick order confirmation. Placed order Thursday, shipped Friday, received Tuesday (from across the country). I'd order from them again

• Like 1

I have had great service from them too. And have ordered multiple times from them. The shipping charges and waits to Canada usually negates any advantage from the big US mailorder company's

I'm 2 for 3 on orders from Gnarly. But had no issue with Contacting them. Just one order wasn't being shipped out so I phoned. Guy said I'll phone you back. Hour later he phoned saying its on the packing table and got a shipping notification that day. 

I've used Gnarly Parts a few times.... Sticking to local dealerships and rockymountainatvmc now. I wish i received my packages in 10 days, all of my orders took at least 3 weeks. I called multiple times and got put on hold for over 20 minutes so I just hung up. The employee's don't seem so friendly over the phone either. Just my personal experiences with them. 

I have used Gnarlyparts for years but their customer service has been getting increasingly worse.  I have not gotten order confirmations on my last 2 orders.  I was also not told that one of the parts I needed was on back order until I phoned them 2 weeks after the order was placed.  Their website shows a lot of parts being available but very little of it is actually in stock.  It takes 1-2 weeks for them to get parts in that are not in stock.

I highly recommend not placing orders through their website as they seem to forget about you.  It goes much more smoothly to phone orders in.  I too want to support Canadian companies but it is frustrating when I can get a RMATV order in 3 days and it takes 2-3 weeks from Gnarly.  I will continue to use Gnarly as their pricing is good and the free shipping means most parts, at the end of the day, are cheaper than RMATV.  But it sure isn't fast.  

That's too bad. Rocky Mountain is a sure thing and they get the majority of my business. I used gnarly parts once when no one in the US had the part I needed. Didn't have any issue with them. In fact the guy found the part I needed on a showroom display and packaged it up for me. I think it was the last one on earth.

Ive used them for a couple years, definetly the best prices in canada for most things, including oem parts. But lately the big complaint i have is costomer service. They have not contacted me several time when something is on back order and held my whole order until it comes in or i phone.

Now i always phone in my order and check availability. Ive foun they answer the local number all the time, but not always the toll

Free

I have used them afew times I got my parts in 5 days, I couldn't find what I needed on the website ( they don't have oem stuff on the site apparently) so I called and they were more then helpful in finding what I needed, the owner called back and left a message a week later to make sure I got everything I forgot to call back, by the time I called back they had sent me a new shifter because they didn't think I received one for some reason, great place and great people from what I have experienced, on my next order I will pay for the free shifter they sent me just because they went that far to make sure I received everything.

Got an answer finally, parts not there and unsure when they will be in. Cancelled order, now we will see how refund process goes.

Prices at Gnarly are great for Canada but I tend to stay local to Kamloops. Geoff at GP was falling on his face a little when it came to getting parts in but it the last 6 months or so it has been great. The times I have dealt with Gnarly have been satisfactory but nothing to write home about. There was a point when I cash in hand to buy a new Beta from them, I talked to Dave once and he said he would call me back with a price and I never heard from him...

I recently ordered parts and boots from Canada's Motorcycle because I didn't want to pay for the shipping from RMATV and Gnarly didn't have everything I needed. They were easy to deal with and I received an email confirmation right after I ordered. The parts came in 7 days (5 business days) and the boots came the following day. They ship for free on orders over $69. I think I'll be ordering through them again as I had no problems and with the free shipping it ended up being cheaper than RMATV.

I have used them too and it was great but they didn't have the part I needed this time so tried gnarly. I give canada motorcycle a thumbs up for sure.

Ive used canadas motorcycle lots too. Best place ive found for tires, and got a great price on my boots too

• Like 1

My one experience with gnarly is mediocre. I cancelled half the items because they didn't have them. I'll stick to canadasmotorcycle from now on. They've always been great to me.

OEM engine parts I use partzilla. Even after shipping it's WAY cheaper then anything local.

Edited by D4N63R

I have used Gnarlyparts for years but their customer service has been getting increasingly worse.  I have not gotten order confirmations on my last 2 orders.  I was also not told that one of the parts I needed was on back order until I phoned them 2 weeks after the order was placed.  Their website shows a lot of parts being available but very little of it is actually in stock.  It takes 1-2 weeks for them to get parts in that are not in stock.

I highly recommend not placing orders through their website as they seem to forget about you.  It goes much more smoothly to phone orders in.  I too want to support Canadian companies but it is frustrating when I can get a RMATV order in 3 days and it takes 2-3 weeks from Gnarly.  I will continue to use Gnarly as their pricing is good and the free shipping means most parts, at the end of the day, are cheaper than RMATV.  But it sure isn't fast.  

This has been my exact experience as well. Fair pricing, but it takes 3 or more weeks to get my product, and that's after I've called at the 2 week mark inquiring about my orders.

Every time I've called in the staff have been very polite, friendly and helpful though.

Hopefully somebody from Gnarly Parts will find this thread and realize that they have an organizational issue.

Yah eh!!!

I ordered twice from them...first order I had to call and ask what's going on, they said they were waiting on a rad cap and it would be 2-3 weeks, I told them to ship the rest of the order and I'll wait for the rad cap(since bought one locally) it's been 6 weeks and I am still waiting on the rad cap.

My second order kinda the same deal, waiting on a clutch cable before they ship, it's been 2 weeks since they told me it would be a week.

I had to call for the first order and got through right away and talk to some dude who looked me up on the computer and found my order.

My second order I indicated I still was waiting on the rad cap from a previous order. I had a girl call me and ask about the missing rad, she said it would be sorted out but informed me tge clutch cable was back ordered and I said I'll wait until they had everything to ship...so overall I'm not happy with gnarly parts, it's a shame because they are a days shipping away from me and my other shop I order from is 5 days shipping away from me...they won't be getting anymore business from me