Vegasktm

Gas mileage 200 XCW?

What kind of mileage should I get from a 200 xcw w/2.6gal tank?

Also, how much is the reserve?

I realize it will greatly depend on riding style, environment, engine mods, fuel mix and such but just a best guess.

Im thinking of upgrading to a larger tank. Which one?

Thanks,

I have an older 200 and I've found that I burn about a gallon/hour. Regardless of terrain, so tight technical stuff is much worse mileage wise than fast flowing stuff but either way it's about 1gallon/hour.

What kind of mileage should I get from a 200 xcw w/2.6gal tank?

Also, how much is the reserve?

I realize it will greatly depend on riding style, environment, engine mods, fuel mix and such but just a best guess.

Im thinking of upgrading to a larger tank. Which one?

Thanks,

Last time I tested mine, I filled up my 2.9 gal tank and went for cross-country ride that included all types of terrain.

lots of single-track mixed in. About 7 hours and ~75 miles later, I did not have to top off half-way thru the ride like many others did.

So I calculate I was getting ~ 30mpg.

Last time I tested mine, I filled up my 2.9 gal tank and went for cross-country ride that included all types of terrain.

lots of single-track mixed in. About 7 hours and ~75 miles later, I did not have to top off half-way thru the ride like many others did.

So I calculate I was getting ~ 30mpg.

Wow, I think 30mpg is pretty good for a 2t.

Thanks,

Wow, I think 30mpg is pretty good for a 2t.

Thanks,

Yeah it surprised me.

I'm guessing on the mileage since I didn't measure how much fuel I had to put back in after the ride.

it looked like I had at least a half-gal left though.

That said, I was not on the pipe a lot of the time, which helped.

I know I can do an hour long race and still have half a tank left....

Its tougher for me because I ride long desert or woods and don't do laps or loops. I can't refuel and do more. I have to

make sure I have enough to get from point A and back.

Its tougher for me because I ride long desert or woods and don't do laps or loops. I can't refuel and do more. I have to

make sure I have enough to get from point A and back.

why don't you drain your tank and then as you fill it make marks at 1/4, 1/2 etc. ?

Race pace vs. Trail riding is too hard to put a figure on it. My buddy has a 150xc and we rode a 50 mile loop in upper Michigan only using about 1.75 gallons. But that's a lot of lugging and time out of the main jet. Up the pace and your fuel consumption increases a fair amount.

Go run a small amount where you ride...say 30 miles and see what you've used. You should be good for at least 60 miles.

Race pace vs. Trail riding is too hard to put a figure on it. My buddy has a 150xc and we rode a 50 mile loop in upper Michigan only using about 1.75 gallons. But that's a lot of lugging and time out of the main jet. Up the pace and your fuel consumption increases a fair amount.

Go run a small amount where you ride...say 30 miles and see what you've used. You should be good for at least 60 miles.

I think there is some truth to this, at race pace I can not go 60 miles on a tank, my earlier reference at 1gal/hour was race pace regardless of conditions.Back it down and  think 60 miles on average terrain is doable, not a whole lot more though

On average, I get 45 miles out of a full tank on my 2013 200xcw.

The 200 loves fuel especially if your ride on the main jet a lot.

I have 2 KTM 200's recently acquired:  one is a 2002 EXC standard clutch with a 2.9 gallon tank.  Last ride I got 56 miles before switching over to reserve.  It was all single track in the Calif Greenhorns.

The other bike is a 2000 EXC with an 'auto-clutch' (pre dating the Rekluse), also with a 2.9 gal tank.  I got 26 miles before hitting reserve.

Actually I'm assuming they are both 2.9gal, because I drained em both, inspected them side by side and they seemed darn near identical, then I filled the 2002 tank and the gas gauge read 2.88 gallons, I then filled the 2000 tank and the Gas Station gauge read 6.11 gallons, which actually says that the 2000 has a 3.2 gal tank.  Humm , I'll have to rerun the test more accurately. and to determine the amount of gas in the tanks when reserve is hit. 

Still,  it seems like the auto-clutch is def burning alot more gas than a standard clutch.

12 hours ago, ccrider1960 said:

I have 2 KTM 200's recently acquired:  one is a 2002 EXC standard clutch with a 2.9 gallon tank.  Last ride I got 56 miles before switching over to reserve.  It was all single track in the Calif Greenhorns.

The other bike is a 2000 EXC with an 'auto-clutch' (pre dating the Rekluse), also with a 2.9 gal tank.  I got 26 miles before hitting reserve.

Actually I'm assuming they are both 2.9gal, because I drained em both, inspected them side by side and they seemed darn near identical, then I filled the 2002 tank and the gas gauge read 2.88 gallons, I then filled the 2000 tank and the Gas Station gauge read 6.11 gallons, which actually says that the 2000 has a 3.2 gal tank.  Humm , I'll have to rerun the test more accurately. and to determine the amount of gas in the tanks when reserve is hit. 

Still,  it seems like the auto-clutch is def burning alot more gas than a standard clutch.

Are you sure the clutch isn't slipping on the bike only getting 26 mile before reserve? That is horrible fuel mileage.

My 1998 EXC 200 was jetted so rich from the factory it was stupid.  Off idle, the slide, the needle.....everything.  It got piss poor fuel economy.  Lots of work to get it right; bottom, middle and top and the range increased a full third in the desert we ride during winter.  one measured loop was 66 miles and I used 2 gallons.  I never went 66 miles with a full tank before proper jetting.

DK

Most I’ve gotten on one tank with my 2010 is 98 miles. Everyone but me ran out of gas and I had to ride back and get the truck, didn’t think I was gonna make it but the ole 200 saved the day!