Sign in to follow this  

1993 cr250 help

Hey guys, new to the site and could use some experts help. I bought a 1993 cr250 as a project for $100 bucks. I was told it has a rebuilt motor top/bottom which clearly has new top end because piston is brand new. Ok so I first replaced stator because did not have spark. Then replaced coil. Now have strong spark. Then replaced all jets to stock specs. And cleaned thoroughly. Still wont start. So checked compression and is putting out 183 pounds of pressure. Disengaged the kill switch. Checked reeds and look good. Brand new spark plugs. Now I did check the exhaust valve and noticed it probably never been cleaned and the lever does not move at all and the valves are stuck open. Anybody have any idea why this bike will not start?? Would exhaust valve stuck open keep a bike from starting? Any help so much appreciated

Piston installed backwards?

Try starting spray. Pour a capful of premix oil through the spark plug hole to lube the engine as there's no lubrication in starting fluid.

I wouldnt use starting fluid. Maybe just a bit of pre mixed gas in the spark plug hole. If its getting spark it should start for at least a few seconds with that. Could also try push starting it.

If it's getting spark and fuel it should do something.