Sign in to follow this  

Thumpstar 125cc clutch problem

So I just picked up a used Thumpstar 125cc with electric start bike ran great for about a week maybe got 4 hrs of riding on it and suddenly the clutch just stopped working.

All the gears still shift but from a dead stop with the clutch in as soon as you click into gear the bike off and running. I put a new clutch into it and that still did not solve my issue.

I'm not new to dirt bikes but I am new to pit bikes. I don't even understand entirely how the clutch system works on these little guys. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

You did not need a new clutch, all you have to do is take off the little plastic cover in the right side of the engine and inside there is the clutch adjuster. Loosen the lock nut and back off the adjuster, only do it 1/2 a turn at a time, if backing off the adjuster doesn't work tighten it.

Good luck.

Hi,

You did not need a new clutch, all you have to do is take off the little plastic cover in the right side of the engine and inside there is the clutch adjuster. Loosen the lock nut and back off the adjuster, only do it 1/2 a turn at a time, if backing off the adjuster doesn't work tighten it.

Good luck.