Sign in to follow this  

Measuring Clutch Fibes Plates

I have trouble telling if my clutch is bad or not so would it be possible to pull out the fiber plates and just measure them?

Typically if your clutch has been slipping, the clutch plates will be blackened so you will not need to measure them, just look at the surface. If the surface is not blackened, then it would be a good idea to measure them to be sure they are still within spec.

What types of issues are you having that you think the clutch is faulty? Maybe we could help you if you could tell us more about what is going on.

Typically if your clutch has been slipping, the clutch plates will be blackened so you will not need to measure them, just look at the surface. If the surface is not blackened, then it would be a good idea to measure them to be sure they are still within spec.

What types of issues are you having that you think the clutch is faulty? Maybe we could help you if you could tell us more about what is going on.

Well im rather  anew rider and my friend, who has a 2013 kx250f, rode my 2008 kx250f, and he said his is alot of more power and that it might be the clutch

If I were you, I'd ask a 2nd opinion on the condition of your bike. DO NOT just start tearing into it unless you feel confident that your "buddy" is a skilled, and/or certified mechanic and knows what he is talking about. If he is not a skilled/certified bike mechanic, seek a 2nd opinion.

Otherwise if the bike seems to be running normally to you, just disregard what your buddy says and ride on!