Sign in to follow this  

High Beem Flashes

I took my bike out last night and I noticed under hard accel the high beem would flash on and off when I change gears.

It dosent do it while im changing gears normally.

Should I be worried about a electrical fault or is this normal????

thanks

your filament is bad, it is just laying on the lead inside the bulb, my van was doing the same thing, hit a bump and the lights would flicker, pull the bulb, not easy I know, but 90% sure that is the cause

the H4 is dual filament and one or both are probably coming on so it looks like the high beam is on but is probably both beams, the front end lifts just enough to get the filament to fall onto the other circuit inside the bulb

if you pull the bulb, you should be able to see the fault...hope that helps

thanks motobobintexas

once I see the fault is it easy to fix ???? 

Changing out the head light bulb is not a big job, It comes out from the back of the H/light.....

Remember not to touch glass part on the new bulb with your fingers when installing 

I took my bike out last night and I noticed under hard accel the high beem would flash on and off when I change gears.

I thought it was some new fangled type of shift light, :facepalm:

• Like 1

I thought it was some new fangled type of shift light, :facepalm:

that was a funny reply! thanks for the laugh :lol:

PS like everyone says, replace the bulb but don't touch it, the oil in your skin causes uneven cooling on the glass, the gas inside the bulb "gets weird" and the filament blows again! :banghead: