Sign in to follow this  

Best bike you have ever ridden

Post pics, stories, or experiences of the best bike you have ever ridden.

2013 YZ295

Never lettin this one go.

I used to enjoy CR250 power but im not a fan of older bikes anymore. Pains in my ass.

It depends on what kind of riding you are talking about, and how you define "best".

Best MX bike? I'm very happy with my '02 KX250, it's set up perfectly for me and suits my riding style very well.

Best offroad bike? My '92 KDX250 with low-to-mid porting and numerous other mods was amazing, it would go anywhere and climb anything, and could out tractor XR400s all day long on steep hills. But the '79 PE250 I used to own was a close second for off road prowess.

Most fun street bike? The '81 XJ550 Seca, hands down. Loved that bike, should never have let it go.

• Like 2

Off road, KTM 300xc late model , on road, Honda VFR800. The KTM is sort of self explanatory. The VFR, well you just have to experience one, particularly the gear drive cam in the 1998-2002 years. Those bikes are still relevant, put up against current bikes. One sweet ride.

• Like 3

The one I'm on. I don't think I've ever spent as much time and cash on personal set up ever on any bike I've ever owned. It just keeps getting to be more fun every dollar that it eats. I love this bike. It's an '08 KLX 450.

On the street? VFR. Most comfy sustained 100 mile an hour sled that can corner bang made. There are much faster but not many as comfy. Would ride that bike 400-600 miles a day on any given weekend. Great road bikes.

009.JPG

• Like 2

I thought the KTM 350 SX with woods suspension was the best I ever rode, til I got my bike setup how it is now: FMF Fatty pipe, jetting is spot on, FMF Powercore silencer, slightly thicker base gasket under the jug.  Ripped off the estarter to save weight and complexity, replaced tubes with light weight HD tubes.  And the biggest factor: SUSPENSION!!!! 

So my bike is right now the best I've ever ridden.. 2011 KTM 300 XC-W.