Sign in to follow this  

96 CR125

http://gadsden.craigslist.org/sno/4477036437.html

I may trade an RMZ for that bike plus some cash.  Did the 96 have any problems?  Are parts readily available?  Any thing else I should know or look for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

the 96 is a really good bike.  Make sure it is in really good condition is you are trading a good bike for it.  Parts are available for it but the bike is 18 years old so you will have to work hard to find some of them if you want to buy aftermarket parts.  I have a 94 and it seems like the 95-97's have quite a bit more aftermarket part support but you will still have trouble finding things like chain sliders, plastic kits and graphics kits.  I think you can still get stock plastics from dealerships though.  Mine is bored to a 144 and has Eric Gorr's "mo betta" porting and it really runs well with that combination.  If you are getting it for a good deal on your trade and it is fresh, I would say make the trade.

I'd grab it up. The 96-97 cr125's had the best motors. You can find parts, I had to find a new cylinder for mine. They're out there if you dig on Amazon, Google, and Ebay.

I can't tell you much on what to look for, except take off the seat and look at the airbox and the air filter. Oiled and clean = Good chance the bike's been taken care of ; Dry rotted and dirty = Dangerzone

It's only $900, I can tell you that the bike has a screaming, arm-tearing adrenaline pumping top end on it. I've learned to ride my 96 pretty much constantly in the power band. Trust me it's a good year, you're gonna be glad you got it. 

I think the 1987 CR 125 might have something to say about what year had the best engine;  She is a nasty bitch when feeling disregarded.

IMG_5376.JPG

For that race I will have to bring my rider, a 87 replica bike (03 YZ 125) it's a rocket.

IMG_5520.JPG

I think the 1987 CR 125 might have something to say about what year had the best engine;  She is a nasty bitch when feeling disregarded.

DANG!! Did that thing ever leave the showroom?

Nice bikes. 

I may end up with an 03 CR85 set up for woods with lots of extras and $600 cash for my RMZ. Plus the guy is from NC and I'm in AL, so we are gonna meet at Moto Mountain OHV park in GA to trade then ride all day. BONUS!  :ride:  :thumbsup:

frdbtr, yes the bike was used but was completely restored over the winter back to showroom condition;  Now this time it will never get dirty again.;