Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250f race bike question

Hi I found a really nice kx250f for a great price, almost too low.

I asked the guy about some basic stuff such as how often replaced coolant, oil if anything was wrong with it and how many hours were on the motor.

He said he doesn't know the hours, but it might need a valve adjustment because it's hard to start.

He bought it from a guy who raced, so I'm guessing this guy doesn't know much about it, I know that these mx thumpers require a special procedure to start, can that be all it is?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401936479.975772.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401936489.794050.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401936502.145234.jpg

Checking your valve clearence is a good idea.Being raced theres no telling how how much more head work you can get out of it.Send it out when in dought.On the other hand it could be a newer head that just needs valves put in spec.What is your compression ?

my 06 was hard to start did a valve shim and she fires 1st or 2nd kick no choke or throttle she can be a beast to start hot somethimes though. but that price seems pretty low... in my area my 06 will go for 2500 i understand its a race bike but what alot of ppl dont know is race bikes are most of the time maintained better than ppl that ride for an hour and toss it in the garage muddy with no oil change or anything... 

Edited by Tpowers11