Cleaned up TTR90-Whats it worth?

Hey everyone. So my friend is getting rid of his TTR90 for $225. Only thing is front forks are a bit screwed up. Once I fix that, im also gonna tear it down to the frame and powerwash and regrease everything on the bike. Detail it, polish up all the aluminum, remove all the grime, everything. Should only take me a day because its only a little 90.

What do you think I could put it up for on CL? Theres a few on the local page for about $800 with a tiny description and no pic/low res pics. I add quite the description and lots of pics so the ad is attractive. Think I could put it up for $900 and have somebody get me down to like $800-$825? Is that something I could expect? More? Less?

We picked up a clean one for $600. They were originally asking $850 but it had sat on CL for a long time. When we looked at it they had it up for $750. When I test rode it the main jet was plugged b/c it had sat for a while. The owner said it usually only runs with the choke but I told him that's not right....I offered $500 but then we worked our way up to $600....which I think was pretty cheap. In the right market you could get around $800....just be willing to be patient.

800-900 dollars, serious?  For a little 90cc 4 stroke?

I wouldn't spend more then $400 on it, a clean one too.  Maybe because here in California you can find good prices on used dirt bikes.  You must be from the North Pole or something.

800-900 dollars, serious?  For a little 90cc 4 stroke?

I wouldn't spend more then $400 on it, a clean one too.  Maybe because here in California you can find good prices on used dirt bikes.  You must be from the North Pole or something.

Does it bother you?

I think its hilarious that you actually compare it to the price of anything you may ride. It'd be a good ride for some little kid.

When he can handle the TTR90, he'll be ready for a CR125!  ?

He'll miss the low end torque though.  :(

• Like 3

The kids 4 strokes hold their value around here. Nice TTR 90's and 110's can fetch up to 1000 bucks in good shape, the KLX's do even a little better. With that said you can pick up PW 80's for around 500 bucks all day. I'd be looking to sell it in the 600 to 800 dollar range.

• Like 1

The kids 4 strokes hold their value around here. Nice TTR 90's and 110's can fetch up to 1000 bucks in good shape, the KLX's do even a little better. With that said you can pick up PW 80's for around 500 bucks all day. I'd be looking to sell it in the 600 to 800 dollar range.

We got both a PW80 and TTR90 in the garage. Good family bikes.....dad even takes them for a spin once in a while!

• Like 2

We got both a PW80 and TTR90 in the garage. Good family bikes.....dad even takes them for a spin once in a while!

Me too! My son has a KLX 110 and my nephew has a CRF 110. The dads have to ride them to make sure they are safe for the kids. It's about good parenting. ?

I was hoping to get a PW 80 after my son outgrew his PW 50. We were looking to get a 2010 or newer, but for some reason Yamaha stopped production on the 80.

Wow. I'm surprised no one mentions year on the bike your talking about. The model year has a lot to do with value.

Also, a bike without a title is just a pile of parts to anyone I know. The cops around here will just return it to the bank that has the lien on it without a title.

Edited by DG40

Me too! My son has a KLX 110 and my nephew has a CRF 110. The dads have to ride them to make sure they are safe for the kids. It's about good parenting. ?

I was hoping to get a PW 80 after my son outgrew his PW 50. We were looking to get a 2010 or newer, but for some reason Yamaha stopped production on the 80.

?  Yeah...dad's gotta make sure the bikes are running well. Thankfully my neighbors are pretty relaxed about me riding the bikes around the block and whatnot. 

The PW80 is an old bike. My son's is a 2000. But damn that 14 year old bike runs like a champ! It had a pretty easy life before we got it. The previous owners did not even run an entire tank of 2-stroke oil through it....and they were the 2nd owners!!!

? Yeah...dad's gotta make sure the bikes are running well. Thankfully my neighbors are pretty relaxed about me riding the bikes around the block and whatnot.

The PW80 is an old bike. My son's is a 2000. But damn that 14 year old bike runs like a champ! It had a pretty easy life before we got it. The previous owners did not even run an entire tank of 2-stroke oil through it....and they were the 2nd owners!!!

That's a good find, It's nice the neighbors don't give you a hard time. I'm lucky enough to live on a little property so no neighbors to worry about.

The PW is an excellent platform, I was surprised they quit making the 80. I was really considering keeping my boys PW, it was an 82 and ran great. A buddy was looking for one for his 5 year old so I sold it to him. My daughters aren't interested in riding so away it went....

ff2a29283d4f85f54e9e7f86041637c8_zps11d9

Edited by poldies4

That's a good find, It's nice the neighbors don't give you a hard time. I'm lucky enough to live on a little property so no neighbors to worry about.

The PW is an excellent platform, I was surprised they quit making the 80. I was really considering keeping my boys PW, it was an 82 and ran great. A buddy was looking for one for his 5 year old so I sold it to him. My daughters aren't interested in riding so away it went....

ff2a29283d4f85f54e9e7f86041637c8_zps11d9

That's a great pic! I love that color scheme. I picked up our PW after researching them here on TT. It seemed like a good bike for my son to move up to from his XR 50.....and it has been!

• Like 1