Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 stroke exhaust brings more bottom end?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if you guys knew what brand and type of exhaust can bring more bottom end torque in a 2005 yz250 2 stroke. I do mostly trail riding and hill climbing so I would like to have a little more bottom end power. Just let me know what you guys think!

Thanks.

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if you guys knew what brand and type of exhaust can bring more bottom end torque in a 2005 yz250 2 stroke. I do mostly trail riding and hill climbing so I would like to have a little more bottom end power. Just let me know what you guys think!

Thanks.

The FMF Gnalry, you might like a 8-10 oz flywheel also

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/447442-yz250-gytr-flywheel-weight-wow/

Edited by cook134

As has been said, the FMF Ggggggnnarly does.

FFW and can you get porting and ignition maps?

Edit: If you want more all round power get the fatty.

Edited by BushPig

+1 on the FMF Gnarly pipe. 

I run the Fatty pipe for my KTM 300, but the stock motor and pipe are sooo mellow, yet the torque ripped off the bottom terribly.  The Fatty pipe smooths out the bottom end delivery, and it rips on top now.

But if I had a YZ 250, I might not opt for the Fatty pipe because the stock powerband on that bike is pretty wild :)

I also have an 05 yz250 all stock except flywheel I ride woods but def the gnarly and buy a flywheel I'd go like an 8oz depending on how tight your woods are and without completely killing the power

I also have an 05 yz250 all stock except flywheel I ride woods but def the gnarly and buy a flywheel I'd go like an 8oz depending on how tight your woods are and without completely killing the power

Thanks a lot! I'll definatly try that for the riding I do

Dillon

Since your riding woods I'd go with the longest so prob like a power core because think of this...you ridin a creek and bike slides out or you accidentally hit a hole like 3ft deep,the longer the silencer the less chance you have of water getting in and plus you won't have to do with carbon on your side plates

Thanks. Since we are on the exhaust topic, what is a good silencer also? The fmf shorty?

Dillon

^^^

Since your riding woods I'd go with the longest so prob like a power core because think of this...you ridin a creek and bike slides out or you accidentally hit a hole like 3ft deep,the longer the silencer the less chance you have of water getting in and plus you won't have to do with carbon on your side plates

^^^

What's the sound quality that comes out of it? Loud? Quiet?

Dillon

I'd say medium but as time goes It will get louder just repack it every year 20min and 10 bucks but de quoted than a shorty

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

Dillon

I have tried PC works, PC plat2, gnarly, fatty, and stock. The best low end came from this.... Fatty with a flange added ( cut from a smashed pipe) this added1/2 in to the header length. This along with a modded head made it into a tractor..

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402056289.586896.jpg

^^^

at this point getting water in the airbox will cause more of an issue than the silencer going under water . Plus shorter the silencer the more bottom end power

I wouldn't waste my money on a pipe , for the same money you can get your cylinder ported for low to mid. That is one of the best motor mods I've ever done to my YZ. Shorty silencer will also help with bottom end but they're a little loud.

I loved the gnarly shorty combo on my yz when it was a 250, it's a blast with the fatty also