Sign in to follow this  

Marzzochi 48 red tube

Anyone have experience with this fork? I see there are some intresting features.. a PFP adjuster that allows the preload in the ICS spring to be adjusted! Very cool.

The Beta Factory editions come with this and I was wondering how the forks perform and are they any harder to tune than a showa or Kyb??

15(2).jpg

Its a kopie of a kyb fork, but not as good as any KYB.

I have tested something on this but it dont work ok.

Nothing wrong with them. They appear to look like a copy of the KYB SSS, but if you put a KYB stack in them you'll soon see they're not. Can be made to work quite well, but not a real big knowledge base out there (at least publically).

Nothing wrong with them. They appear to look like a copy of the KYB SSS, but if you put a KYB stack in them you'll soon see they're not. Can be made to work quite well, but not a real big knowledge base out there (at least publically).

Copy? maybe from the outside? the base valve and midvalve pistons are larger and flow more. From what the manual shows it looks more like a showa copy if anything.. well see I guess.

From what the manual shows? So you haven't had a set in your hands measured them up? You're not going to get much discussion if you shoot everyone down.

Good luck chief.

I was talking about function not sizes? It doesn't have a sealed free piston like a SSS fork has, I wasn't asking if it was like a kyb for I was asking if anyone had experience with them if you don't have anything to contribute move on.

A couple of guys I help out have them fitted to a beta 300 and a fantic 250 .. Both speak highly of their performance on enduro terrain.

Hope they start leaking soon so I can get my hands on them to service, otherwise I don't see them wanting them pulled down any time soon;)

Showa seal kits fit them btw

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Considerably better performance than the Sachs forks fitted to the standard model ... Those things are harsh !! The guy with the RR has run them around a mx track, said they were adequate in bottoming resistance and didn't become harsh with the comp dialled up..

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Wow cool, my buddy Dave's Sachs are redone with race tech valves and his own valving and are the best forks I have ridden offroad but I can't wait to see what he does with the zokes.