Sign in to follow this  

So I kinda want a motard.

I'm looking at adding a new bike to my collection here soon, and I'm kinda thinking I want a motard. Seeing as this would be a dedicated road bike, does anyone have a recommendation for a motard that'd have a decent top end, but still be relatively flickable?

• Like 1

If I were to buy new, would def be a ktm 500 exc or a wr450f. High maintenance well worth it to me

Go to the kx250f forums and read through my kx street legal supermoto build went from kx Mx bike to full fledge street supermoto

I meant to ask, what all parts should I plan on buying for converting a bike? I know I need tires/wheels. What else?

Feel free to pm I can answer almost any question you may have about a conversion,

Well post it up then, but read through the build thread will answer most questions you may have

• Like 1

Did a full SM conversion on my KX450F a few years back. I wouldn't recommend it as a dedicated street machine especially if you plan on riding anything longer than about 30 minutes. Makes for a very fun commute though.    

Details if you are interested

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?115578-uuc-s-09-KX450F-build&highlight=

Edited by uuc328

I am looking for one for a dedicated street machine. I want something with enough up 'n' go to get around town (the 250 really isn't enough), but I'm thinking I don't want to get another sportbike right now. Motards look like fun. Something light enough for dinkering around, but with enough power that the highway isn't a big deal.

If you want to be able to cruise on highways,converting any Mx bike is a bad idea ha close ratio transmissions and highways don't mix. If you can find a clean wr450f, go for it. It makes an great supermoto with the wide ratio 5 speed, and there motors are very durable. Still will have frequent oil changes though.

A drz400sm is a great bike, low maintenance, but it heavier and not a lot of power, more of a commuter bike