Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 Bladder, washer?

Hey guys! I have an 02 cr125 that I purchased last year to get back into single track stuff and a bit of moto. Love it, been the best thing for me in a long time. 

It has been a great bike,and was in almost showroom condition....but sitting for 11 or so years still does its damage. I have slowly been rebuilding everything when I have the time and money. I tackled the forks last month and what a great experience! This was my first fork rebuild ever, and I learned allot. Pivot works seals suck major, even with that slick racetech suspension grease I felt like I was riding a jackhammer. SKF seals were ordered within a week. Soo much better, almost zero stiction.

OK, to the question at hand....I removed the bladders themselves completely....although there was no white ring, spring, or washer below the spring perch....?...maybe the factory did it...I don't know. There is a thin washer that was on top of the lower spring perch. I left it in there. Should I remove this washer? My understanding of the modification is to allow the oil to freely pass through...with this washer, and the spring sitting ontop, I would think that it would still prevent oil from flowing correct? I left it in because nobody ever mentions a washer ontop of the lower spring perch....

I think you need the washer or the ends of the spring will catch in the holes left uncovered

Thank you mog, that is understandable. You add some serious resource to the suspension threads....you are in every cr125 bladder topic!

Lol not sure that's a good thing