Sign in to follow this  

RHC cams

I had another happy customer of course I have been building 250s for him the last couple of year  Chad Cook .he purchased one of my RHC 23 cams for his 450 and says he loves it with the smooth power delivery and added power  he says its perfect and this is from a guy that has had the opportunity to throw a leg over canards factory 450 .

Hi Ron,

I am going to buy a cam from you for my new '08 build. You already sent me a quote via email. Whats the best way to seal the deal, by phone?

Hi Ron,

I am going to buy a cam from you for my new '08 build. You already sent me a quote via email. Whats the best way to seal the deal, by phone?

ronhamp@casair.net  I need your email address and I can send you a paypal invoice for the custom cam and then get it going.

• Like 1

ronhamp@casair.net  I need your email address and I can send you a paypal invoice for the custom cam and then get it going.

Awesome!! email sent. Thanks again!!

My full RHC package in my CRF 450 2013 just rocks!!!, there is plenty of power everywhere, power with sweet and strong delivery.............its awesome.

Shit I haven't seen chad in about a month. Are you local to okc? I'll talk to him about ya. Ill be hitting you up when I need more.

No chad drives to Michigan when he needs me or sends his mother its only 17 hour drive.

I had another happy customer of course I have been building 250s for him the last couple of year  Chad Cook .he purchased one of my RHC 23 cams for his 450 and says he loves it with the smooth power delivery and added power  he says its perfect and this is from a guy that has had the opportunity to throw a leg over canards factory 450 .

Hey there, Ron. I'm a new member and see that a lot of the guys here say you're the man. So, does 2015 450 works like cylinder head have more  potential than the previous design and what in the heck is so different about it?

Thank you.

James.

Of course I haven't seen a 2015 head up close but I have to say unless they strt tipping the ports up @ a larger angle theres simply no advantage of putting it out 1 side or the other as far as power is concerned the ex port will support up to 68 hp no mx bike regardless who rides it needs that much power Honda must have felt thee was an advantage with having the pipe more on 1 side of the bike or that it was simply less vunerable .

Of course I haven't seen a 2015 head up close but I have to say unless they strt tipping the ports up @ a larger angle theres simply no advantage of putting it out 1 side or the other as far as power is concerned the ex port will support up to 68 hp no mx bike regardless who rides it needs that much power Honda must have felt thee was an advantage with having the pipe more on 1 side of the bike or that it was simply less vunerable .

Thank you for your input. I'm sure you can't wait to tear into one them.

Shorter header = less weight...

Ed not sure how much savings can be had, but would think going back to one can would be greater weight savings.

Ron - Since the introduction of the 02 CRF450r's which head have you found to extract the most power out of ? Just curious..

Ed not sure how much savings can be had, but would think going back to one can would be greater weight savings.

Ron - Since the introduction of the 02 CRF450r's which head have you found to extract the most power out of ? Just curious..

Yeah, 1 muffler would be another way to save weight. There are many ways to save weight. Honda went to shorter triple clamp bearings to save weight, so cutting off 10-15" of header tubing is a no-brainer for some weight-CG analyst, lightening the bike and taking some weight off the front wheel... I assume some engineer gets assigned to each section of the bike and is financially compensated on the weight reduction therein. They'll drop the extra muffler when they're out of other weight loss ideas... Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

The 2013 head showed the most promise the flow numbers were the best it had the best short side radius butt all the bikes that made big hp numbers upwards of 68 hp were based on the 2009 head casting simply never had the chance to build an all out flat tracker with the 2013 head although 1 of the riders I support with compnents did hes pretty secretive but his ex mechanic told me he made 67 hp with it I had made 62 on pump gas and a mild cam so I bleive it would be as good as or better than the 2009 casting.
  • Like 1

The 2013 head showed the most promise the flow numbers were the best it had the best short side radius butt all the bikes that made big hp numbers upwards of 68 hp were based on the 2009 head casting simply never had the chance to build an all out flat tracker with the 2013 head although 1 of the riders I support with compnents did hes pretty secretive but his ex mechanic told me he made 67 hp with it I had made 62 on pump gas and a mild cam so I bleive it would be as good as or better than the 2009 casting.

Was that with that giant 50mm throttle body? or the later one? (I forget how big the current body is)

Shawn that is with the big 50mm TB  on a 450 built with my big cam as you know things work in combination .the 50 was worth nothing over a 46  when used with a stock or mild cam