Sign in to follow this  

02-07 ENGINE WANTED

So I went to do a top end on my 2002 cr 250 that I got in a trade for my 450. Pulled it apart and I need to rebuild the whole engine it looks like. I am wondering if on a 02 frame that an engine from 02-07 would fit? and would anyone on here happen to have a engine for sale? please let me know! thanks! 

What exactly needs to be done? I did both bottom and top end on an '03, even had some port, machining and didn't break the bank on it. Is there case damage?

If you decide to replace the engine, I will buy the old engine from you as it sits. I'll pay shipping & everything. I'm dead serious. I LOVE taking on projects like that.

• Like 1

Rebuild yours, is not that hard. I found my crank rusted solid when i bought my bike seized. It was cheaper to rebuild it and i didn't buy a grenade

As H4 said I do have a complete motor that has less than 4 hrs on new cylinder, piston kit, and main bearings.  Shoot me a text if youre interested.

I'd also recommend getting the 03 cdi as it had a better map to go with the 03 oem cyl. porting specs for better lowend response vs. the 02..