2015 YZ 2 STROKES FINALLY SOME UPDATES

Not sure about the triple clamps. Otherwise same bike. Just looks worse. Like the current 4 strokes. Edgy mess. 2002 styling still better, in my opinion. Although I do hook my boot cuffs on the 2002-14 style shrouds.

Interesting they didn't change to the 16mm shaft in the shock like the 4 stroke. Guess they have a lot of 18mm shocks to move.

Edited by numroe

It says they received "The latest generation speed sensitive fork"... is this the air fork, or just updated valving in the SSS?

Edit:

I think they did a few very small changes to the kyb forks on the later 4 stroke to cut weight.  Nothing special and I doubt they changed the valving as it doesn't need it.  The stock valving works very well.

Edited by kan3

Guess they have a lot of 18mm shocks to move.

And they would omit labor to optimize the valving to 16mm shaft again. ?

Edit:

I think they did a few very small changes to the kyb forks on the later 4 stroke to cut weight.  Nothing special and I doubt they changed the valving as it doesn't need it.  The stock valving works very well.

Some internal parts were changed at the kyb forks on the later 4 stroke. But they don't have so much effect on the performance of suspension.

They might change the valving. Even if they did, it will be only the change of the "flavor".

BTW, I'm interested in the shape of outer tube. The outside shape of seal case is unique.

It has C-clip as a protector like after 2010 4 stroke, but there is not circumference ditch processing. It's different from the outer tube of newer 4 stroke.

And around the its top end, we can see there is a step of the outer diameter. It suggest the top clamp inner diameter will be same as 06-14 2 stroke and 10-11 250F. And more, I think, it suggest its offset will be 25mm, same as 06-14 2 stroke and 10-11 250F.

Regarding "new" forks: if their putting the YZ250/450F trees on the YZ250, then they would have had to use the new fork tubes from the 4T since the upper tube diameter is 1mm or so larger than the earlier ones.  From Yamaha's perspective this makes great sense to simplify sourcing the same forks from KYB.

• Like 1

Still not enough for my to spend 7k on a Yamaha over a ktm and I love my yamaha

i dont see what makes a ktm 250 more tech advanced than a current yz 250? i mean the ktm still runs a rusty steel frame? what make it more advanced list them all?

Ktm has the tech to build an aluminum frame bike, they just choose to stick with a steel frame. The ktm's have interchangeable springs for the power valve, the suspension has improved greatly but I'm still not a huge fan (reason I won't buy one). They're brakes kick ass compared to yamahas stockers. They handle well, if I would've rode one with $1000 in suspension like my yz it'd probly handle better than mine. My biggest complaint was the bar bend wasn't quite right for me. Overall ktm has done more advances on they're 2stroke in the past 5 years than yamaha has done in the past 9. I'd say going ktm would be money spent a bit better. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Ktm has the tech to build an aluminum frame bike, they just choose to stick with a steel frame. The ktm's have interchangeable springs for the power valve, the suspension has improved greatly but I'm still not a huge fan (reason I won't buy one). They're brakes kick ass compared to yamahas stockers. They handle well, if I would've rode one with $1000 in suspension like my yz it'd probly handle better than mine. My biggest complaint was the bar bend wasn't quite right for me. Overall ktm has done more advances on they're 2stroke in the past 5 years than yamaha has done in the past 9. I'd say going ktm would be money spent a bit better. But that's just my opinion.

Yep that might be but the bikes here is aust are much dearer a new YZ can be picked up for $8300 a KTM $9900 and a TM $9000 and i think parts might be a little more dearer on the KTM. i have a 2013 YZ250 i bought new and my buddy has a 2014 KTM 250 sx and thrashing around the bush i really cannot notice much difference between the two, they both brake well,handle and the power feels much the same although the YZ has a full PC system on it, i know the KTM is supposed to have something like 5hp more than a YZ but its not that noticeable.

Here the price isn't enough of a difference. I never could get my yz to stop well until I put an oversized rotor

Both are phenomenal bikes, I just have a hard time going buy a new yz when I 09 is virtually the same