Sign in to follow this  

Removing idle screw

Hey guys,

So I messed up today.... My bike wasn't starting (2000 cr250r) so I replaced the fuel, put a new plug on and it started. Anyways I was messing with the external ideal screw and it snapped off, leaving a portion still in the carb! Think it was because of the cold, my awesome strength and my stupidity.

What are my options for removing it? Just drill it out? Try to extract it?

Thanks guys!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Try to extract it. I went with a aftermarket metal knob because the cheap plastic kept stripping.

Try to extract it. I went with a aftermarket metal knob because the cheap plastic kept stripping.

Where did you get the metal replacement from?

I got mine from slavens he mostly does ktm but they have keihin carbs so I got that along with a air screw that comes out and doesnt need a screwdriver just quick hand adjustment. There are other companies that make them also but dont recall off the top of my head.

Edited by 223hpyhooker

I got mine from slavens he mostly does ktm but thwy have keihin carbs so I got that along with a air screw that comes out and doesnt need a screwdriver just quick hand adjustment. There are other companies that make them

Awesome thanks!

Hopefully going to remove it today. Oem plastic replacement will be here tomorrow afternoon so hopefully that works until I buy one of those metal ones.