Sign in to follow this  

rear brake adjustment 300rr

Yeah, it's a Nissin brake system including the master and clevis. Just like a Jap bike. What's nice though is the brake pedal has a steel bushing so it won't get sloppy on the pin.

stupid question: do you have to take the cotter pin and clevis off just to adjust the rear brake?

I never have. Just use the two adjustment nuts.

I never have. Just use the two adjustment nuts.

I've seen two types of this stamped steel clevis.  One simply has an M8 threaded hole in the top, and uses one locknut on top of it.  The other has a straight through hole with an M8 12mm nut captured by the stamping, with a second locknut on the top.  In either case, the clevis must be turned to raise or lower it on the M6 threaded master cyl. pushrod, so it must be detached from the brake pedal unless you can turn and hold the pushrod.

Edited by GP

On the beta you just have to loosen the larger nut from the clevis . Move it up to the small nut finger tight it and twist them up or down. When you have the pedal the correct height go for a ride adjust till satisfied, loosen the big one from the small and retighten it to the clevis. Ride.

I get that but most of the time with these Nissin masters in the past the boot is tight and stuck to the rod and twists up, so I just got in the habit of pulling the pin and turn the clevis(on GGs). It was more of a PIA dealing with the boot. Honestly I was happy with my Beta brake pedal height stock and never touched it, so perhaps its a looser fit. Grease on the boot should also work, but for me its a one time deal.

You have to take damn near the whole thing apart to remove that little pin. Do yourself a favor and turn the pin around to make it easier next time.

100_0640_zpsd573e666.jpg

• Like 1