Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey Millville field of dreams first ride

can't wait.... gonna have to sell a bike to sign up for that membership but it's jersey, get it in however can.

How much is the membership? They dont have daily practices ? Id love to go but to b a member wouldnt make sence id b lucky if i got to ride therr 3 x a year

The membership to ride moto is 65 bucks plus 40 each time you ride(daily practice). They have a day pass membership for 20. This means it would be 60 dollars for a one day one time ride.  To ride trails on the same day you ride moto will be 20 more (60 total member 80 total day pass) If you only go three times a year it to ride moto only would be 180 for the day pass member vs 185 for the year membership, so in your case it would be cheaper.

The membership for a single person to ride trails is 500 a year. I think this means unlimited access to trails.

Yeah that fact that the trails are an adder to the admission cost is BS. Anywhere I have ever gone everything was included.

Most tracks do the membership and pay every time. Blue Diamond/Speed Citi/Snake Creek/Tomahawk.

They also have a one time daily fee that is usually more.

Where do you go that has a membership fee and then it is unlimited access?

Englishtown is only one that is just a flat rate $40.

$500/year for 5 miles of trails is absurd.

Yep. I will have to ride there a couple times and see if there course setup is actually worth it. If they keep it nice and really set it up right. I would get a membership. But if its just an average, let course go shit, we'll give you land to ride on. I'll pass on any membership.

It's somewhat close to you Pat so if the trails are really great it makes sense for you. It's a 2 hour trip for me, I mostly ride moto but I like to ride trails or race an HS once in awhile. I think I read that they will have a 5-7 mile loop. That doesn't seen worth $500/year for me for rare occasions I'd go down with family or friends who don't race.

• Like 1

It's somewhat close to you Pat so if the trails are really great it makes sense for you. It's a 2 hour trip for me, I mostly ride moto but I like to ride trails or race an HS once in awhile. I think I read that they will have a 5-7 mile loop. That doesn't seen worth $500/year for me for rare occasions I'd go down with family or friends who don't race.

If it 5-7 miles course type riding with obstacles and stuff. That is well kept good enough for me. Like I said would have to see. Alot of clubs like to setup mini competitions (non ama) that would be fastest lap of the day etc... keeps it all a little diferent. I know it can get old like anything but at least its something.

Yay if it was another hour for me it would totally be different story. That's why I never tried to join pagoda (My personal favorite). The 1.5-2 hour drive to birdsboro is to far to dedicate myself to a club.

I've still never made it out to Pagoda. Most people I talk to say I really should go out for a practice/race wknd. Same for speed citi.

I've still never made it out to Pagoda. Most people I talk to say I really should go out for a practice/race wknd. Same for speed citi.

Pagoda is a high speed track. A very 3d. %75 of the jumps are 4th or 5th gear jumps so you hauling ass. I'll admit i'm into taking unnecessary riskw with jumping. I can, but don't personally enjoy clearing large area's were if anything went wrong i could get seriously injured or die.  BUT that's what i love about that track. The big jumps are not threatening at all. The track is basically split between to mountains and their's huge ravine in the middle. The dirt is frakkin awesome. like pink sticky clay that's not slick but very tacky. It's been two years since i've ridden there (biker appreciation day with cycleworld). Highly recommend tring the place at least once. ;)

This isn't the fastest rider in the world. (more my speed lol) But he his video shows the track pretty well.

Pagoda is a high speed track. A very 3d. %75 of the jumps are 4th or 5th gear jumps so you hauling ass. I'll admit i'm into taking unnecessary riskw with jumping. I can, but don't personally enjoy clearing large area's were if anything went wrong i could get seriously injured or die. BUT that's what i love about that track. The big jumps are not threatening at all. The track is basically split between to mountains and their's huge ravine in the middle. The dirt is frakkin awesome. like pink sticky clay that's not slick but very tacky. It's been two years since i've ridden there (biker appreciation day with cycleworld). Highly recommend tring the place at least once. ;)

This isn't the fastest rider in the world. (more my speed lol) But he his video shows the track pretty well.

I'm a member there. Is really not bad once you get over the initial trips to join. I have a one hour ride so with fuel it costs me 28 dollars after a toll to ride there

If your hitting the jumps that fast you must be one heck of a rider, the back double I can do in third lugging my 250f outta the corner, the down hills get ya going quick but I love that track due to it be pretty safe

A buddy wanted to check out this Millville place but the prices seem really steep, rather go ride seaford which is almost two hours but still only 60 bucks once we split fuel between two guys.

I'm a member there. Is really not bad once you get over the initial trips to join. I have a one hour ride so with fuel it costs me 28 dollars after a toll to ride there

If your hitting the jumps that fast you must be one heck of a rider, the back double I can do in third lugging my 250f outta the corner, the down hills get ya going quick but I love that track due to it be pretty safe

A buddy wanted to check out this Millville place but the prices seem really steep, rather go ride seaford which is almost two hours but still only 60 bucks once we split fuel between two guys.

I was looking at some videos and noticed they changed a few spots. Looks like now they have a rhythm section up front instead of the double to the step up. (Used to break my ass when overshoot). So its been since 2011-12 since I was there.

I was out there with B groups both times I was there for practice. More of slow "B" sx rider given I like to keep my job and work. I was in high 3rd for most of the time but me being 220lb fully suited, was needed a little more speed so started hitting the jumps in forth. (I'm a lugger) rather overshoot than eat face.

I used to be real fast before I got old and kids. Now its just cautious fast.